Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 11 Sep '06 00:44
    1.d4 e5 2.dxe5 Nc6 3. Nf3 f6(or maybe d6)
  2. 11 Sep '06 00:48
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    1.d4 e5 2.dxe5 Nc6 3. Nf3 f6(or maybe d6)
    Looks pretty bad to me. Though with your rating it's probably playable.
  3. 11 Sep '06 00:50
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Looks pretty bad to me. Though with your rating it's probably playable.
    this doesn't have anything to do with this post but are you the one that posted that thread about the hammershlaug or whatever it is called. I just wanted to know because I beat someone with it that was being very critical about it not to mention any names.
  4. 11 Sep '06 00:51
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    this doesn't have anything to do with this post but are you the one that posted that thread about the hammershlaug or whatever it is called. I just wanted to know because I beat someone with it that was being very critical about it not to mention any names.
    i think so i remember using it.
  5. 11 Sep '06 00:51
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Looks pretty bad to me. Though with your rating it's probably playable.
    i use the old benoni defense, im 50% with that.
  6. 11 Sep '06 00:57
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i use the old benoni defense, im 50% with that.
    Old Benoni is fine. Stick with it and learn some lines.
  7. 11 Sep '06 00:58
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    this doesn't have anything to do with this post but are you the one that posted that thread about the hammershlaug or whatever it is called. I just wanted to know because I beat someone with it that was being very critical about it not to mention any names.
    It's called the Hammerschlag. It's a joke opening, it's not good, and it's used if you have so much confidence and want to show your opponent that you don't take him seriously. I made a thread about it a long time ago - it was a joke. You can still probably win a couple games with it, but it really is a bad choice.
  8. 11 Sep '06 01:00
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    It's called the Hammerschlag. It's a joke opening, it's not good, and it's used if you have so much confidence and want to show your opponent that you don't take him seriously. I made a thread about it a long time ago - it was a joke. You can still probably win a couple games with it, but it really is a bad choice.
    I know it was a joke but I still beat someone who was very critical of it.
  9. 11 Sep '06 01:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I know it was a joke but I still beat someone who was very critical of it.
    Well, I wouldn't recommend using it. Stick with openings that help you learn. Choose one as white, King's Gambit, Queen's Gambit, Scotch Gambit, Ruy Lopez, and Giuoco Piano are all viable options. Then choose two defenses as black - 1 vs. 1.e4 and 1 vs. 1.d4.
  10. 11 Sep '06 01:04
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Well, I wouldn't recommend using it. Stick with openings that help you learn. Choose one as white, King's Gambit, Queen's Gambit, Scotch Gambit, Ruy Lopez, and Giuoco Piano are all viable options. Then choose two defenses as black - 1 vs. 1.e4 and 1 vs. 1.d4.
    here is the game just in case you are interested
    Game 2419335
  11. 11 Sep '06 01:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    here is the game just in case you are interested
    Game 2419335
    LMAO! It was Kmac, oh that's hilarious. Nice job tom. BTW: 13...Bxg3?? seems to be the blunder that cost the game.

    Hahaha, Kmac, you've pretty much just lost any right to say anything on here.
  12. 11 Sep '06 01:10
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    LMAO! It was Kmac, oh that's hilarious. Nice job tom. BTW: 13...Bxg3?? seems to be the blunder that cost the game.

    Hahaha, Kmac, you've pretty much just lost any right to say anything on here.
    don't speak so bad about him he is pretty good and has beat me a lot of times too. BTW that game I posted for your thread for sicilian games was against him also.
  13. 11 Sep '06 01:11
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    don't speak so bad about him he is pretty good and has beat me a lot of times too. BTW that game I posted for your thread for sicilian games was against him also.
    I know, I saw. And he could beat you a thousand times, it still wouldn't make up for that mess.
  14. 11 Sep '06 01:12
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    1.d4 e5 2.dxe5 Nc6 3. Nf3 f6(or maybe d6)
    That's the Englund Gambit. NCO gives a handful of lines, all with +- evaluations within the first seven moves.

    Just the fact that it made its way into the NCO probably means it's perfectly playable at this level. But at the top level, I'd hazard that no, it's probably not considered "sound."
  15. 11 Sep '06 01:14
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Well, I wouldn't recommend using it. Stick with openings that help you learn. Choose one as white, King's Gambit, Queen's Gambit, Scotch Gambit, Ruy Lopez, and Giuoco Piano are all viable options. Then choose two defenses as black - 1 vs. 1.e4 and 1 vs. 1.d4.
    I have tried the KGA and like the Nf3 lines better than the Bc4 ones this is because of the move Qh4+