1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 10:56
    i've always found it odd the queen is the post powerful piece... why should the queen go out fighting for her king, shouldn't that be the other way round..! someone mucked up somewhere..!
  2. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    22 May '07 11:06
    no they didn't...
  3. Joined
    21 May '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 11:50
    couse the women have the power in this world......
    they can move a ship by themselfes if they want........
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 12:50
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    no they didn't...
    yes they did
  5. Standard memberDaphnes
    Rusty Veteran
    My happy place
    Moves
    22 May '07 12:51
    The King can't place himself into check, and it's gameover if he's taken. Why make him the most powerful piece?

Yeah, they made the queen most powerful. She can't be challenged by any piece except for the knight without the challenger also being in trouble.
  6. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:06
    The downside to the queen is that she is too powerful to lose haphazardly, and as such, it is relatively easy to "protect" any other piece from her threat by defending it with anything under normal circumstances.

You can also threaten the queen in order to gain time, or pin/skewer pieces to her similar to king pins/skewers.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:08
    Whoever made the rule for queen movement had in mind a reflection of reality. The female piece does all the work, and the male piece is the center of the universe. Just an ancient extension of "get me my beer."
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:11
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Whoever made the rule for queen movement had in mind a reflection of reality. The female piece does all the work, and the male piece is the center of the universe. Just an ancient extension of "get me my beer."
    ROFL... so true. Nicely put.
  9. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:151 edit
    Because the queen can be sneaky and crafty, and back-stabbing. She will covet the enemies king and subdue him with seduction, then off with his head! (have you never seen alice in wonderland?)

Also, because men like to think they are center of the universe, but truth be told, behiend every great man, there is a great woman. πŸ˜€
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:18
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Because the queen can be sneaky and crafty, and back-stabbing. She will covet the enemies king and subdue him with seduction, then off with his head! (have you never seen alice in wonderland?)

Also, because men like to think they are center of the universe, but truth be told, behiend every great man, there is a great woman. πŸ˜€
    And this great woman is standing behind you right now reading over your shoulder I presume? πŸ˜›
  11. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:28
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    And this great woman is standing behind you right now reading over your shoulder I presume? πŸ˜›
    he wrote that so she would get him a beerπŸ™‚
  12. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:30
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    haha, thats probably true in most cases (thus the power of women) but I truly believe what I posted there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree