1. Joined
    01 Dec '10
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 09:00
    Anyone in the 1400-1700 range who would be interested in a series and practice games, exchange of annotations and general Chess training advice/support/encouragement?
  2. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 11:031 edit
    thats a good idea - i learned alot from playing high ranked players one thing would be to pretend to do something else When your really doing something else 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 11:071 edit
    Oops your 1700 - So you probably already know that one!
  4. Standard memberhempster
    she'll be right mate
    WYBMADIITY
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 12:48
    I Think it is a brilliant idea...would be interested in this but ,i dont know how to annote a game ...and am not technically sound in my game..but i am always open to games and help from my oponents..
  5. Joined
    01 Dec '10
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 13:23
    RHP has some tools for annotating your own games. You basically click your way through the game and add comments when appropriate. Take a look at one of your finished games and click on the link for "annotations for this game" (or something similar)
  6. Standard memberhempster
    she'll be right mate
    WYBMADIITY
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 13:32
    Originally posted by Dumbom
    RHP has some tools for annotating your own games. You basically click your way through the game and add comments when appropriate. Take a look at one of your finished games and click on the link for "annotations for this game" (or something similar)
    that part i have worked out ...its how to explain what i was thinking without all the rest of the dribble..but hey i can learn..i think
  7. e4
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 16:552 edits
    Hi Hempster

"...but hey i can learn."

The old way to note up a game was is to first look at who won.
    Then praise the winners moves and slag off the losers moves.

So for this reason I have selected a game of yours for you to note up....a draw.

Game 8939777

This game produced this incredible position. White to play.

Black has managed in 12 moves to place 4 pieces on unprotected squares.
    (ithat is actually quite hard to do.....It's a gift.) and...

...after 13.Qd5 The Queen is attacking every one of them.
    (It's a good job she can only have move at time.)

So Hempster. Note up this game.
    You are only allowed 5 annotations (comments or pieces of short, and I mean
    short, analysis.) so choose your critical moments well.

An introduction to the game, a quick summary, warning the reader what they
    are about to see does most of the notes for you. (Fred Reinfeld was a master
    at this. You rarely see a game he noted up without an intro.)
  8. Standard memberchessicle
    The Chessicle
    Scotland?
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 17:16
    Anyone in the 1400-1700 range who would be interested in a series and practice games, exchange of annotations and general Chess training advice/support/encouragement?
    I'm game (though often a bit more than your 1400-1700) if you want.
  9. The Ghost Bishop
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 18:20
    Well its not very often that I'm out of the spectrum for being "rated to high" - thats a bit odd. However I thought I'd mention that while me playing and "study buddying" wouldn't be overly valuabel, I'll stand to give any help and limited annotations on games if requested. I imagine old Mr. Pawn would do the same! Sometimes a third eye on a game can be a big help.

If you have any questions, just throw 'em at my message box. Best to you learners!

Q
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 19:54
    I'm up for this!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree