1. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 08:04
    If I play as red (and nothing else) repetitively for years; will I gain an advantage over someone who has always aimed for playing as white (and nothing else) and has been preparing the same amount of time as me?
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 08:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 09:31
    Originally posted by nihilismor
    If I play as red (and nothing else) repetitively for years; will I gain an advantage over someone who has always aimed for playing as white (and nothing else) and has been preparing the same amount of time as me?
    you have completed 137 games here, made over 3000 moves, and you call it red? RED?
  4. Toronto
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 10:01
    If red=black then...

I don't think there'd be any real advantage. Someone below 1800 rating will be making tactical blunders that nullify whatever color "expertise" they'd built up over the years.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 13:47
    Originally posted by nihilismor
    no.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 14:05
    Originally posted by clarencecuasay
    If red=black then...

I don't think there'd be any real advantage. Someone below 1800 rating will be making tactical blunders that nullify whatever color "expertise" they'd built up over the years.
    In fact there is a thread about colour prefernece started by Gatecrsher a few years back, and most people had a strong preference for white.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree