1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:22
    Originally posted by dottewell
    You haven't moved for more than 100 days.
    And? Forget Rhp Chess. I haven't played an OTB since end of Feb.

That's what really matters.
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    And? Forget Rhp Chess. I haven't played an OTB since end of Feb.

That's what really matters.
    The point is that if you don't play - and your rating was rising before you stopped - then of course you can't claim your rating is "accurate".
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:57
    The point is that if you don't play - and your rating was rising before you stopped - then of course you can't claim your rating is "accurate".
    I'm not saying my rating is accurate. It will probably go up if I start playing again.
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:32
    I'm not saying my rating is accurate. It will probably go up if I start playing again.
    Of course, since it was going up before. So what's the point?
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:37
    Of course, since it was going up before. So what's the point?
    ???

I'm not sure ?
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:45
    ???

I'm not sure ?
    If your rating is still going up, and you play someone whose rating is higher than yours and feel you were at least as good...

Well, that's perfectly natural.

If you don't keep playing here, you'll never know what your "true" RHP rating is. (And of course once you have "levelled off", you can still get better, or worse.)
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:58
    If your rating is still going up, and you play someone whose rating is higher than yours and feel you were at least as good...

Well, that's perfectly natural.

If you don't keep playing here, you'll never know what your "true" RHP rating is. (And of course once you have "levelled off", you can still get better, or worse.)
    This wasn't really about my rating. I just thought subs had an advatage over rating then non-subs but apperently i'm the only one who thinks this.

But yes my rating probably influenced that opinion although i know my rating isn't stable yet.
  8. Standard memberWiabj
    The Black Swan
    Oss
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:59
    The more games, the more "erosion" in my play.
    I like RHP for the long term development, that means 6 games are for me enough; to think about solid opening, strategy, plans etc. I also get the impression that some opponents, who have more than 100 games active, don't have the time to look at each game thoroughly. You see it at the momentum of there moves
    So I state: lesser games active, more quality in the game!
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 22:04
    This wasn't really about my rating. I just thought subs had an advatage over rating then non-subs but apperently i'm the only one who thinks this.
    I don't see how, mathematically, that's possible.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 04:34
    Could it be that stronger players tend to be players more commited to chess and more willing to spend money on a place to play chess?
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 04:371 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Could it be that stronger players tend to be players more commited to chess and more willing to spend money on a place to play chess?
    This conclusion makes sense. I think Rahim's just looking for an ego boost. (I could be wrong, but what's the point of this thread if not?)
  12. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 06:21
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No way! I'm know my rating hasn't flatten out yet and i'm not trying to brag

but subs more commited = higher rating?

Perhaps but when I beat players subs, I hear this over and over again.

You are no oridinary 1600 player or 1700. I take my chess seriously unlike a lot of you on here.

Not trying to brag or anything.

But okay i'm wrong and now this thread then end.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree