Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 17:44
    Thanks.
  2. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 22:21
    Isn't it strange that the lowest rated players are the most intractible, their opinions the most vehement, their comments thick with sarcasm. The highest rated players rarely turn up in the forums. When they do, their comments are mild and objective. I've never seen any of them attack anybody personally. I think when a 1200 player starts an argument with a two thousand player, the superior player simply sighs, shrugs his shoulders, and returns to his games.
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 22:30
    Originally posted by buddy2
    I think when a 1200 player starts an argument with a two thousand player, the superior player simply sighs, shrugs his shoulders, and returns to his games.
    But you'll never know.
  4. girls imaginations
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 04:21
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Asking if tactics is more important than strategy is like saying when you run, is your right leg more important than your left? To get anywhere you have to learn all facets of the game. Even Capablanca, who studied only endgames, said when he reached a certain level, his opening shortfall was obvious. You can see in his early match in Cuba against Corzo (w ...[text shortened]... d, but not in isolation. The person who said chess is 99% tactics was just wrong in my opinion.
    Couldnt have said it better myself buddy2. Perfectly right in my opinion and i loved that running analogy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree