1. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 11:30
    Originally posted by Garnoth
    I will show you a game where I thought I had a winning attack but was just 1 tempo short.... The end of the game is bad, I know 🙁

Game 6059537
    Getting too fancy. Something like 13. h3 Nh6 14. Bxh6 gxh6 15. O-O should leave White the advantageous position.
  2. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 17:112 edits
    Originally posted by Garnoth
    I will show you a game where I thought I had a winning attack but was just 1 tempo short.... The end of the game is bad, I know 🙁

Game 6059537
    Alas. I know what you mean. Don't you wish in that game your h pawn wasn't there? If there was rule to magic it of the board would be great. Have lost a few like that.
  3. e4
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 15:11
    Of course not all classic Bishop sacs need the Knight to go to g5 as part of the plot.

Here all the Knight need do is land on d5 threatening mate on e7 to end the game.

Never trusted that 'pin' variation of the Sicilian, Black gets the pawn, White gets the point.
    White allows the Black Queen to feast on the QNP, the f6 Knight is kicked, Bxh7+ 1-0.

4. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 16:241 edit
    Alas. I know what you mean. Don't you wish in that game your h pawn wasn't there? If there was rule to magic it of the board would be great. Have lost a few like that.

I think I had a advantage, I just was impatient, I needed to sit longer that a few seconds (which is the time I took for Bxh7) and set up the attack before saccing. Al his pieces are out of the kingside, so there had to be something there...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree