1. Standard memberTanuki
    Tonkatsu...yum
    Imabari, Japan
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 15:58
    I am continually amazed at the lengths some people go to on this site...they play a 21/21 and in a dead lost position they plan using the time and bank... I can only guess that they are hoping my rating jumps a lot and then won't lose as many points? Can anyone give some insight into why you would bother? I guess having only 12 losses and then getting smashed must hurt... They make moves quickly in the second game... oh well.
    Anyone else have some stories of the winning peronalities found here on RedHotPawn?
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:03
    You lost 17% of your games on timeout, go figure 😛
  3. Standard memberTanuki
    Tonkatsu...yum
    Imabari, Japan
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:07
    Ummmm...ya when I moved from Japan back to Canada and stopped playing for 8 months 🙄 due to travel and work commitments...imagine that 😵
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:26
    Originally posted by Tanuki
    I am continually amazed at the lengths some people go to on this site...they play a 21/21 and in a dead lost position they plan using the time and bank... I can only guess that they are hoping my rating jumps a lot and then won't lose as many points? Can anyone give some insight into why you would bother? I guess having only 12 losses and then getting smas ...[text shortened]... oh well.
    Anyone else have some stories of the winning peronalities found here on RedHotPawn?
    Why are you accepting games at a 21/21 time control if you don't have the patience to actually wait 3 weeks for each move?
  5. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 17:36
    I am continually amazed at the lengths some people go to on this site...they play a 21/21 and in a dead lost position they plan using the time and bank... I can only guess that they are hoping my rating jumps a lot and then won't lose as many points? Can anyone give some insight into why you would bother? I guess having only 12 losses and then getting smas ...[text shortened]... oh well.
    have you ever considered that some people just access the site every 14 days or so?
  6. Earth
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 21:50
    Tanuki, I am sure you are an intelligent and balanced individual.

Therefore your intellect must tell you that:
    1) If you want games to be decided quickly, pick shorter time controls. People who pick 21/21 clearly don't have a pressing need to progress their games.
    2) It is entirely up to your opponent how often he plays his move in your game, within these time controls. It is nothing to do with you nor does your opinion matter.
    3) It is entirely up to your opponent to play at a faster or slower pace in other games. They are his/her games, not yours.
    4) It is entirely within the rules of chess, the time controls and the rules of this site to fight to the very end, whether or not you like this or find it unfair.

So frankly, there is little point in whining in public.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 02:34
    Kelvin Clethroe....where have I heard of that name before?
  8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 02:59
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Leprechauns playing chess. 😞
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:45
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Leprechauns playing chess. 😞
    or at least midgets 😠
  10. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:49
    Those little people don't know the rules 😕

http://www.chessvibes.com/plaatjes/babychess.jpg
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:171 edit
    Apparently Wilhelm Steinitz was only five feet tall. Perhaps that's why Joseph Blackburne felt brave enough to punch him in the face during an argument.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:31
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Those little people don't know the rules 😕

http://www.chessvibes.com/plaatjes/babychess.jpg
    Exactly! The little one doesn't even know that a white queen shouldn't be set up on a dark square! 😠
  13. Lagos
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:432 edits
    😵
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Exactly! The little one doesn't even know that a white queen shouldn't be set up on a dark square! 😠
    These are probably the dark pieces, no?
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 15:02
    The straightforward solution is to wait until you are about to checkmate them and then let your rating crash (start several hundred games and resign them all after a few moves - that should get you down to about 600 or so) and then when they've finally lose they'll take the maximum rating hit and you'll get your revenge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree