The most beautiful chess set is?

The most beautiful chess set is?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
25 Mar 06

Personally lusting after anything Staunton. I have a really pretty glass set a friend of my fiance's gave us. My folks gave me a lovely wood travel in college that I still love to play on. I appreciate just about everything, but for myself tend towards the more traditional sets.

4th stooge

anytown, USA

Moves
30 Apr 06

The best set for the money- I have finally found what I consider my favorite. I own 4 Jaques of London chess sets- the most expensive going at almost $x000.00- and several beautiful HOS sets- but the best for the money, perfect in classical proportions,(i.e. on a 2 1/4"squares board, the def. of these ideal proportions being that 4 pawns should exactly fit on one square, and the rook should exactly fit inside a square when laid diagonally across, and the king and queen should not crowd the squares.) I take this set to tournaments, and it always gets compliments. There are no delicate parts to snap off, with the exeption of the queens ball- the ears of the knights and the ball on the bishops are large and tough, the wood is real ebony, and on the board, this beefy set is a real pleasure to look at. I am now considering selling off some of my jaques sets, and "investing" in some interesting antiques. Want a perfect set? BUY THIS!
http://thechessstore.zoovy.com/category/02.2.150/
the 3 3/4"
It is also on Ebay under "jaques chess set" search then click on "deluxe jaques design chess set in ebony and boxwood"