1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 12:28
    Does anybody else feel bitter dissapointment when they refresh their game menu and find that nobody has made a move in any of the games.

Similarly, do you feel a euphoric rush of excitement if there are games available to be moved in...

I know I do.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 12:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 13:30
    I'm doing it right now - none of my 53 has moved in last 10 minutes - maybe I'll go look for an open invite 😕
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:031 edit
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I'm doing it right now -
    I'm doing the same.....
  5. London
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:271 edit
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Does anybody else feel bitter dissapointment when they refresh their game menu and find that nobody has made a move in any of the games.

Similarly, do you feel a euphoric rush of excitement if there are games available to be moved in...

I know I do.
    You've described a key ingredient of addiction - the ones that don't fulfill make the ones that do seem so much sweeter. It's the possibility of failure making success so intoxicating. Doesn't really matter if this is in winning a game, or waiting for opponents to move, a hand in cards, a drink fix, a drug fix, chocolate, football euphoria or even just waiting for a response to a forum post....ooohh lets just have one more!

I'll be back soon to see what you say about this...maybe this is the big one, maybe this post is going to get everyone talking ...maybe some nut job will hurl abuse at me...maybe someones going to be denial and call this all psychobabble... oh yes...refresh! refresh! refresh!

Of course I'm not affected by any of this.

Edit: Well maybe not as much as some people.
  6. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 17:47
    The forum post is point you made is quite a good one. I find I kind of have double expectations because when I am not making moves in my games I make posts in the forums and then wait expectantly for a reply - or maybe just a move in my games, that is the ultimate high.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree