1. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 23:34
    I don't think the Williams sisters of tennis are a valid comparison. There are no draws in tennis. If there were, who knows what Venus and Serena would do? If there was no way to draw in chess, I'm sure the Kosintseva would duke it out. We'll never know.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 11:53
    Originally posted by danilop
    Boxing gives brothers the option of not fighting each other. Chess doesn't, especially in tournament play. Their only alternative would be not to play in the same tournament at all, but that's not very practical.
    That is exactly what the Klitschko brothers choose to do: they compete for different titles in different leagues.

Richard
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 11:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    IMO, drawing on purpose - and this childishly - is quite equivalent to throwing a game. It brings the sport into disrepute. We already have the image of grandmasters being willing to draw on the most fickle of reasons, we don't need them to confirm it.

Richard
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 21:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 21:291 edit

6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 13:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I believe that it is morally wrong for them to do so, and then refuse to play one another fairly.

I don't care if they enter different tournaments, or if they play one another fairly. But they're doing neither. What they're doing now is unfair on the other contestants, and they should be at least docked points for it.

Richard
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 19:48

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree