If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 15:14
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Almost started a new thread ...

Thinking of renewing ICC

I have 6 days to decide. 🙁

The videos are nice, but I have learned more from going through them myself. In fact, I messaged one of the GM's on Chorus because he had a 5 move analysis, and the last move was a blunder (Qe2, instead of the two correct queen moves that won). I got ...[text shortened]... site. It's very nice, and you should probably just pay the money if you can afford it.
    I just renewed mine yesterday. not that long ago (maybe even in this very thread?), I added up how much the same usage of videos & tournament commentary would cost me on playchess, and the total was around 150-200 euros if memory serves. on ICC it all costs me 50 euros.
  2. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 15:49
    Tip:
    if you manage to win tournaments with subscription extension prizes ICC is for free (after the initial sign up costs).

Another idea is to achieve the GM title but I'd try the tourneys first 😉
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 16:55
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Almost started a new thread ...

Thinking of renewing ICC

I have 6 days to decide. 🙁

The videos are nice, but I have learned more from going through them myself. In fact, I messaged one of the GM's on Chorus because he had a 5 move analysis, and the last move was a blunder (Qe2, instead of the two correct queen moves that won). I got ...[text shortened]... site. It's very nice, and you should probably just pay the money if you can afford it.
    Good synopsis of the superiority of ICC to the free stuff. I stopped renewing my ICC membership when I started playing at Playchess, which has an interface more pleasing to my eye.

I enjoyed playing FICS through Babas, but the severe and constant lag (most 3 minute games last 7-8 minutes) and my suspicions that a high percentage of opponents were employing engines during the game have rendered my visits there rare.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree