Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 30 Apr '15 14:42
    Don't understand why so many players sign up for 1 day Tour. and don't make any move and I end up taking skulls, not just one day but others too, to me annoying this last game 21 days, and no movement since beginning and another skull. I understand fully their busy life, but don't take on 300 games at a time either Just my beef getting it off my chest.
    PLAY ON
  2. Subscriber lemondrop
    The Art of War
    30 Apr '15 19:29
    Originally posted by mobkin
    Don't understand why so many players sign up for 1 day Tour. and don't make any move and I end up taking skulls, not just one day but others too, to me annoying this last game 21 days, and no movement since beginning and another skull. I understand fully their busy life, but don't take on 300 games at a time either Just my beef getting it off my chest.
    PLAY ON
    yeah, one of the unexplained mysteries of life
  3. Subscriber Aspasia
    Old Frog
    02 May '15 11:36
    man´s brain is a labyrinth -
    chess, too.
    Not many can rule their karma...
  4. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    02 May '15 16:30
    PLAY ON
    I understand. It's pretty silly. People frequently take on more than they can handle.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    03 May '15 07:16
    PLAY ON
    With the best intentions people start things and then canno
  6. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    03 May '15 17:05
    PLAY ON
    It could be what's known as sandbagging.
    Surely, as a member for over 10 years you've come across this before,but in case you haven't:-
    Some players deliberately lose games to lower their rating.
    This then allows them to enter lower rated banded tournaments which they can then win as they are a lot better than their t.e.r shows.
    It's also a tactic for clan play if the opposition clan leader doesn't notice their current rating is a lot lower than their hustorical one, and accepts a challenge where the "sandbagger" is much better than their player.
    A one day tournament is an easy way to acheive a lower rating quickly as they lose more quickly.