1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 05:362 edits
    Originally posted by likeforest
    miss, i must have been in a drunken stooper when i deflated my rating. this is the only real game i have played on rhp. its been a great game. i plan on resigning as soon as i have a clear win.

game in progress: Game 3935745
    This man has started a lot of games, played a few moves, and then resigned (nearly) all of them. I see this as a misconduct!
    Look at his profile User 293843 and his public games, you see for yourselves.

It is possible to do so, and it is by the rules, but I don't see any meaning of it other than deflate his rating, rising others.

I would like a new TOS rules saying ... something so this inappropriate behaviour can't continue, by him nor anyone.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 09:02
    The initiator of this thread User 293843 should be banned for misconduct, involving harassment of another player.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 09:42
    Originally posted by likeforest
    so the timebank doesnt really count for anything since you can vacation when ever you want?
    Only a limited number of days per year. So get over it, sooner or later his vacation and time bank will run out.

or you can resign (you usually do).
  4. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 09:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This man has started a lot of games, played a few moves, and then resigned (nearly) all of them. [b]I see this as a misconduct!
    Look at his profile User 293843 and his public games, you see for yourselves.

It is possible to do so, and it is by the rules, but I don't see any meaning of it other than deflate his rating, rising others.

I wo ...[text shortened]... rules saying ... something so this inappropriate behaviour can't continue, by him nor anyone.[/b]
    Though it is bad form to resign, wind up and generally be a pain the site does try to be like the real world of chess. I know many players who Shark, lie about gradings/ratings, us any tactic to waste other players time. Its bad but it would be very very hard to get a rule against it, but this person has made it a bit obvious.

Tut tut.

Renegade
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 22:44
    The Timebank appears to be one of those ideas that applied properly gives a serious player a timeout for Vacation et cetera.

On the other hand...check out my game current game with "rmacken".

This game is over and has been for over 3 weeks...its academic.

An honorable opponent would resign...but not "rmacken".

This person won our first game...along with a smart azzed retort on the way out the door.

Then....

When it became apparent that I was going to win the 2nd game..."rmacken" decided to stall...with no apparent reason other than to draw the game out and to delay the inevitable.

Surely, this was not the intent behind the Timebank.

So here's my question, how is time for the Timebank "earned"?

Instead of a Timebank, a simple "flip a Vacation switch" that a player could exercise 15 days per year would make more sense.

Its simple. If the game is over...resign and get on with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree