1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 19:07
    Being on a holiday now, and having (perhaps too) many games at the same tma, I forgot that I had also a lot of games at gameknot.

I lost one game on time couple of days ago and it was only after 8 moves. It was mini tournament, organized by some American player.
    I can't remember last tme I lost on time at gameknot,
    And I felt guilty more than that I was sad because of loss.
    I sent 2 private messages, first to the player against whom I lost, and to the starter of the tournament. i apologized and explained I was on the road.

At the same time I requested an "reinstallment" with this player, a feature which means that the result will be as it is, but we would simply continue game from 8th move, as a friendly rated ame.
    I got answer from neither of them, and the player who won on timeout, refused reinstallment.

After I thought abut this, I came to the conclusion that I was hyper-social and almost gayish suck-up in good manners.

Idiotic from me.
    z eo tpurnamentorga.
  2. Joined
    13 Dec '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 21:36
    I have a similar problem. I'm losing and it's only a matter of time before my king is dead. But then my opponent doesn't make a move for three weeks. Do I take the timeout and have a win or do the honourable thing and resign?
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 11:13
    Vandervelde,
    Just because you did not get a response from another player nor the tournament director is not a reason to think that you were too social or a "suck up." You were polite and responsible, and you were considerate. The value of what you did is not determined by other peoples' responses. They are not the judges of the people on the earth.
  4. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Being on a holiday now, and having (perhaps too) many games at the same tma, I forgot that I had also a lot of games at gameknot.

I lost one game on time couple of days ago and it was only after 8 moves. It was mini tournament, organized by some American player.
    I can't remember last tme I lost on time at gameknot,
    And I felt guilty more than ...[text shortened]... per-social and almost gayish suck-up in good manners.

Idiotic from me.
    z eo tpurnamentorga.
    Like many of you know from your experience, I tell beginning players that you lose by either of the following:
    Lose on time
    Checkmate
    You Resign the Game
    Yes, I have lost on time. Now, I try to manage my time. Since I play twice a day, I now allow at least 23 hours between moves. Fortunately, I use the filters to ensure I do not lose a game on time especially when I winning.
    Even in person, I do not play unless we use a clock. Otherwise, the game would be boring.
    As we all know, Chess is for "gentlemen/gentlewomen." I treat the game as higher level game.
    Long ago, I have seen players grab all the pieces together towards the center. I guess they were disgusted and showing this method of saying they resigned. Rarely, I have seen this. One other time, a player was ready for a fist fight because the young player was excited in showing me his winning the game. Luckily, I was older the looked at the player who ready for a fist fight straight into his eyes and said that the young man was just explaining his position. I guess he realized that the game is only a game.
    Bottom line, the rules are the rules.
    Like I have said in my profile: Like the Pawn, move forward, not backwards.
    Let us move on and get ready for the next game!
  5. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 12:41
    Originally posted by ZorroTheFox
    Like many of you know from your experience, I tell beginning players that you lose by either of the following:
    Lose on time
    Checkmate
    You Resign the Game
    Yes, I have lost on time. Now, I try to manage my time. Since I play twice a day, I now allow at least 23 hours between moves. Fortunately, I use the filters to ensure I do not lose a game on tim ...[text shortened]... e: Like the Pawn, move forward, not backwards.
    Let us move on and get ready for the next game!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree