Took A Skull

Took A Skull

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Mar 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
sneaky time-outs .... thats when you put your opponents clock forward while they are taking a pee isnt it?

How did you manage it here!! 😀

STS

Moves
24 Mar 10

I knew a young kid who won a tournament game by staring intently at the board while his opponent was chatting on the other side of the room. Kid had moved and punched the clock the instant the guy had turned his back, then focused on the position like he was considering a move.When his opponent finally checked the board and saw that the kid had moved 20 minutes earlier and his clock was running with a minute left he got mad and stormed out.
Good times.

R

Moves
24 Mar 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Ha ha! I lost a game recently. I thought the time controls were 3/7 but I didn't notice it was only for 1 day. He took the skull and no complaints. I didn't make a move within the stipulated time and the skull showed up and he has all rights to take it.

Now this Boss needs some boos 😛

STS

Moves
24 Mar 10

Originally posted by RPRHP
Ha ha! I lost a game recently. I thought the time controls were 3/7 but I didn't notice it was only for 1 day. He took the skull and no complaints. I didn't make a move within the stipulated time and the skull showed up and he has all rights to take it.

I actually see the guy's point because it was early in the game and it was a cheesy skull win, but his bombastic homepage profile about what a serious player he is and how his opponents should resign when they are playing him made the skull click sooooo sweet. Then his messages about what a terrible thing I had done rolled in and I been laughing ever since.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
24 Mar 10

I see Mr. Sham has a nice profile now.

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
24 Mar 10

Ha ha! I lost a game recently. I thought the time controls were 3/7 but I didn't notice it was only for 1 day.
Not long ago I entered a 1 & 0 tourn thinking it was a 1 & 7.

I was timed out in 20 games.

I think I deserve a Darwin award for that one:-(

R

Moves
24 Mar 10

Originally posted by peacedog
Not long ago I entered a 1 & 0 tourn thinking it was a 1 & 7.

I was timed out in 20 games.

I think I deserve a Darwin award for that one:-(
20??? 🙄

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
24 Mar 10

20??? 🙄
Yip. it was a 12 player double round robin. So 22 games each in total. I managed to win in 2 games before my time went.

m

Moves
24 Mar 10
1 edit

I've only once been annoyed at someone timing me out.

Entered a 0/14 tournament (timebank only). Second round started while I was on holiday - when I got back my time was up. So they could take the skull any time they wanted.

I wouldn't have minded if they'd taken the skull immediately. But they waited until I was winning, then took it. Strangely enough they were happy enough to keep playing in the game they were better in.

Still, them's the rules. I think I was entitled to be irritated, but not to complain.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
24 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by mtthw
I've only once been annoyed at someone timing me out.

Entered a 0/14 tournament (timebank only). Second round started while I was on holiday - when I got back my time was up. So they could take the skull any time they wanted.

I wouldn't have minded if they'd taken the skull immediately. But they waited until I was winning, then took it. Strangely en ...[text shortened]... n.

Still, them's the rules. I think I was entitled to be irritated, but not to complain.
I hate the concept of 0 day per move base time. I won't play in any such event. The idea that someone can win on time just by living in a favorable time zone does not appeal to me.

g

Moves
24 Mar 10

I can beat that. One time I logged in and saw that all game times had a high number so I logged out. The next day when I check the e mail I noticed I had a timed out game notice. I was very surprised and wondered how could it of happened. The game had a high number in hours and not days.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Mar 10

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I see Mr. Sham has a nice profile now.
Initially I was in suppport of Mr Sham (and I suppose still am) but I must say that someone who has 25% of their wins by timeout must be looking for them!!

Still ... rules are rules ... Mr Sham is just using them to his advantage and I have no sympathy for his victims.

STS

Moves
24 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Initially I was in suppport of Mr Sham (and I suppose still am) but I must say that someone who has 25% of their wins by timeout must be looking for them!!

Still ... rules are rules ... Mr Sham is just using them to his advantage and I have no sympathy for his victims.
I just noticed that too and I'm rather proud of my 25% win by timeout performance, is there anyone on the site who can beat that I wonder? I mean someone with a lot of games, not just a low game total that can be skewed by a few skulls.

I'm getting close to 2000 games on the site, and 25% of my wins by timeout is...just...AWESOME.

e4

Moves
24 Mar 10
4 edits

This lad User 329378 has 26.88% timeout wins (290)
and none against.

Very Rusty User 290926 has 855 skulls (22.52% ) and none against.

User 87257 has clicked 992 skulls (9.86 % )
8 more and he will reach 1000.

and User 115856 has 1228! skulls.

I've got 9 :'(

STS

Moves
24 Mar 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
This lad User 329378 has 26.88% timeout wins (290)
and none against.

Very Rusty User 290926 has 855 skulls (22.52% ) and none against.
OMIGOD he's got 27% of his wins by timeout and...he's.....still rated UNDER 1000?

That's sad, at least I have something to show for it.

God I wonder what he'd be rated without the timeout boost? Scary.