1. Joined
    31 Mar '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 13:22
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I see that the lad User 478237 who is King of the Vultures has had
    to date just one post and that was to complain bitterly when time outs were suspended.

He appears in Thread 122631.

He must have had a whole lot of Skulls slipping through his itchy fingers.
    Hehe, the attitude. Yep, that's him alright.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 13:28
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    59% wins by timeout and still a 1200 rating surely that's a record for extreme suck
    you should send your lyrics to Kate Perry,

i took a skull and i liked it
    it felt so wrong
    it felt so right
    i took a skull and i liked it
    the taste of it was delightful
  3. .
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 06:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If the graph shows a roller-coaster shape, then I always politely decline the offer.
    I'm curious why you won't accept a challenge if the graph has a roller coaster shape....? What are you reading into that? {sorry - showing my ignorance here!}

Cheers
    Andrew
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 07:48
    Originally posted by andrew93
    I'm curious why you won't accept a challenge if the graph has a roller coaster shape....? What are you reading into that? {sorry - showing my ignorance here!}

Cheers
    Andrew
    Well, the other player is likely to be under-rated for one. The peaks of the roller coaster represent his true strength.
  5. Joined
    31 Mar '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 10:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well, the other player is likely to be under-rated for one. The peaks of the roller coaster represent his true strength.
    Or is it that the peaks are a false indication of strength? Those being the instances where timeout wins may have boosted a player's rating above their true level? Similarly, the troughs being the instances where the timeout fishing hasn't paid off against a diligent stronger opponent?

Personally, i'd be more inclined to think a roller coaster curve as an indication of real life schedules and activity, and in the case of one particular curve of a high rated player on this site, a trough being the result of a sudden loss of online availabilty.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 11:31
    Originally posted by Sever
    Or is it that the peaks are a false indication of strength? Those being the instances where timeout wins may have boosted a player's rating above their true level? Similarly, the troughs being the instances where the timeout fishing hasn't paid off against a diligent stronger opponent?

Personally, i'd be more inclined to think a roller coaster curve as an i ...[text shortened]... rated player on this site, a trough being the result of a sudden loss of online availabilty.
    A roller coaster shape of his rating graph together with his inclination to abandon games might show him as a non serious player.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 12:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A roller coaster shape of his rating graph together with his inclination to abandon games might show him as a non serious player.
    Or maybe a binge drinker?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 13:06
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Or maybe a binge drinker?
    Perhaps. But I don't take challenges from non-serious players. Perhaps he has a reason, perhaps he is serious. If he explains, then I perhaps take the challenge.

One explained once that he just went out of jail. No wonder he had a lot of time-outs during his time-in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree