1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:18
    What is this "Total recs" thing next to people's names on this forum? Total records of what?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:20
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    What is this "Total recs" thing next to people's names on this forum? Total records of what?
    If a subscriber likes your post they can 'recommend' it. Each rec goes onto your 'Total Recs' count.

It becomes a popularity contest for some though.
  3. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:25
    Originally posted by rhb
    If a subscriber likes your post they can 'recommend' it. Each rec goes onto your 'Total Recs' count.

how do you search your post that was rec'ed?
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:28
    Oh lol, I thought "recs" meant "records". OK! I understand now.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 23:421 edit
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    how do you search your post that was rec'ed?
    you can't directly, you can browse your posts via your profile page, and see which were rec'd in there.

Anymore rec related questions should be posted to the 'help' forum methinks.
  6. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 06:131 edit
    Originally posted by rhb

Of course the ones who think of it as a contest and come up with "clever" schemes to increase their recs tend to be the ones who piss off everyone else and still don't manage to get as many recs as those who don't give a crap.

To exigentsky: Be smart and just ignore that count, people will like you more, and might even respect you eventually. No one respects rec-whores.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 06:51
    Don't worry, I don't like to kiss @ss. If I make a good post and others like it, fine. If not, I won't go out of my way to please someone so I can get recs.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 07:02
    REC ME IF YOU LIKE BEER
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 08:401 edit
    Easy way to get recs is to go in the spirituality forum and post;

"Praise be the Lord".
    or
    "All religions suck".

Another strategy is to post something defamatary in the General forum, preferably against someone like bowmann; the reason why is not clear but could be because he points out dunderheads spelling and grammar mistakes. A trait that many of the same dunderheads try to imitate.
  10. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 09:30
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

"Praise be the Lord".
    or
    "All religions suck".

Another strategy is to post something defamatary in the General forum, preferably against someone like bowmann; the reason why is not clear but could be because he points out dunderheads spelling and grammar mistakes. A trait that many of the same dunderheads try to imitate.
    That should be, "...he points out dunderheads' spelling and grammar mistakes." And you're welcome. 😀
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 09:572 edits
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

"Praise be the Lord".
    or
    "All religions suck".

Yes, that is annoying. You write a perfectly reasonable essay-like post on a given subject, and people won't even take the time to read it. Then you write something completely meaningless. A short-liner with no meaning what so ever. And you get your recs. What's the point?

I say, remove the recs system, 'cause in no way will the number of recs indicate anything about you or your ability to articulate your thoughts.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 12:06
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    That should be, "...he points out dunderheads' spelling and grammar mistakes." And you're welcome. 😀
    Cor blimey, plonker. Oh god you've got me at it now. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree