1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 21:13
    We are in the process of converting all of our messages from English to other langauges.

www.personalchesstraining.com

We're looking for volunteers who are willing to help us translate these messages from English to Spanish, French, German, Croatian, Russian, etc. We are already working with chess players in almost every country. It is our goal to provide the language of their choice if possible.

If you would like to help us, then please, send me a message.

Thanks!!
  2. Joined
    13 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 21:37
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

works for me!
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 22:28
    That's what we are trying to avoid. The grammar is inaccurate. Human translation is best.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 22:36
    Originally posted by Cyberdazzle
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

works for me!
    Here's a random chess article (the newest article from the German Chessbase site), translated from German to English by Babelfish:

"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position: The crew won 7:1 approximately cotton wool-separates and leads after the defeat of Muelheim bind-laughs approximately on now with five points the table. The thing at the point is so clear, so excitingly is the descent fight. Here Hamburg SK an important victory succeeded to that against Remagen. Support of the crew was once more Karsten Mueller, who won a portion worth seeing against the French GM Jean Marc Degraeve. The citizens of Berlin crews from Zehlendorf and cross mountain, which were now both on a descent place, did not have so much luck. Particularly much pitch had on this weekend of the SK Zehlendorf, which would have come almost too much money. Why that did not happen and which has to do all this with Nicole Kidman, Dagobert Kohlmeyer in its report from Berlin betrays."

I can assure you it doesn't work any better the other way round.

(I love how they translated some of the place names, especially "Wattenscheid" as "cotton wool-separates". πŸ˜€)
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 22:38
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Here's a random chess article (the newest article from the German Chessbase site), translated from German to English by Babelfish:

"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position: The crew won 7:1 approximately cotton wool-separates and leads after the defeat of Muelheim bind-laughs approximately on now w ...[text shortened]... lated some of the place names, especially "Wattenscheid" as "cotton wool-separates". πŸ˜€)
    the transfers of fishes babel are valid the largest!
  6. The sky
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 22:55
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the transfers of fishes babel are valid the largest!
    There am I perfectly united!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 22:58
    Use google translate. I uses translation memories and phrase recognition so its not a word for word translate. It's probably 98% where bablefish is around 75% (my estimation only).
  8. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 00:05
    Originally posted by erice1
    Use google translate. I uses translation memories and phrase recognition so its not a word for word translate. It's probably 98% where bablefish is around 75% (my estimation only).
    "In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was once more Karsten Müller, a lota Featured against the French GM Jean-Marc Degraeve won. Not so lucky were the teams from Zehlendorf Berliner and Kreuzberg, which are now both on a downhill course. Particularly had much bad luck this weekend the SK Zehlendorf, almost too much of the money would come. Why not happened and what it all with Nicole Kidman has to do, betrays Dagobert Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Yes, definitely better - although far from 98%, I'd say.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 04:02
    "In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was ...[text shortened]... Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Yeah, I guess your right. Depends on what your translating..
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 06:17
    Croatian, cool! I'd do it, but the amount of time it would take is crazy...
  11. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 10:45
    "In the ninth round of the Bundesliga, the OSC Baden Baden his exceptional position: The team won 7:1 against Wattenscheid and now after the defeat of Muelheim against Bindlach with five points on the table. To clear the matter to the forefront is so exciting is the descent fight. Here was the Hamburg SK a major victory against Remagen. Rest of the team was ...[text shortened]... Kohlmeyer's report from Berlin."

Sounds like gobbledygoogle to me! Translation/interpreting is one thing humans can still do a lot better than computers!
  12. NiterΓ³i, RJ - Brazil
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 11:04
    Hi. I can help you with portuguese, if you want.

My email is drafer@hotmail.com
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 13:581 edit
    "In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position"

Baden Baden = bathing bathing πŸ˜€
  14. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    [b]"In the ninth round of the federal league the OSC bathing bathing confirmed its exception position"

Baden Baden = bathing bathing πŸ˜€[/b]
    Yes, and Bindlach = bind-laughs... and Kreuzberg = cross mountain. πŸ˜›
  15. Standard memberGrintzi
    Apa Nova Chess Club
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 19:58
    I can help with german, portuguese and french

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree