Moves
    02 Dec '05 08:51
    I'm looking to purchase a travel chess set (
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 10:05
    You forgot to close your parentheses and the rest of your post has escaped. Call the game warden.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 13:11
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You forgot to close your parentheses and the rest of your post has escaped. Call the game warden.
    My guess is that he said, in brackets ( less than so many dollars) and the < followed by number bug buggered him.

D
  4. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 13:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    My guess is that he said, in brackets ( less than so many dollars) and the < followed by number bug buggered him.

D
    No, I believe he just invented a 'I am hesitant' smiley.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:00
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    No, I believe he just invented a 'I am hesitant' smiley.
    No, I think it's an "I don't have eyes" smiley, and he is looking for a travel chess set for the blind. (-.
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:03
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    No, I think it's an "I don't have eyes" smiley, and he is looking for a travel chess set for the blind. (-.
    A 'braille' chess set then? He might as well do without a set and learn fully blindfold chess.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:11
    Maybe he dropped dead at that exact moment in time, I mean what if those were the last words he uttered, someone call Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings immediately!
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:14
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    Maybe he dropped dead at that exact moment in time, I mean what if those were the last words he uttered, someone call Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings immediately!
    Doesn't work.

Wait a minute. This is my last breath. I better post what I've got written so far. *Click Post*. The End.

; D
  9. Coventry
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:20
    Try WWW.chessdirect.co.uk

They have some nice travel sets....
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:21
    Originally posted by Stives
    Try WWW.chessdirect.co.uk

They have some nice travel sets....
    Do they have any in exigentsky's price range (
  11. Coventry
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:32
    ...as the price range stated is apparently open ended then all travel sets must be within it.
  12. Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:33
    I bought one from Wholesale Chess for ~$40 I think. It's tiny, but overall the quality is decent and I use it while traveling (which is 5 days of the week, every week).

If I buy another set it will likely not be magnetic. I find that I almost rarely need such a feature, and it's sometimes cumbersome when you're just trying to quickly set up a position to test a few lines.
  13. Coventry
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:35
    ...there is one on the link above which is electronic and will play a fairly decent training game against you, it's also pocket size.
  14. girls imaginations
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    I'm looking to purchase a travel chess set (
    Go to www.chesstactics.com on the hompage there will be a heading called "popular categories". Click on any of the last 3 and it will bring up a page that gives you access to something like 8 different chess online stores that have everything. Just click on one and there you go.
    Or go to ebay and search all categories for either chess sets or chess boards or folding chess sets. Ebay has the cheapeest (yet high quality sometimes) stuff for chess. Hope i helped.
    -trallphaz

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree