1. Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 05:521 edit
    It seems that every chess site I go on, the MAJORITY of time spent talking revolves around cheating. What a consumate WASTE of time. I wish you self righteous freaks would just ACCEPT and PROGRESS. Yes, cheating is the number 1 issue with online chess. Yes it is IMPOSSIBLE to detect with 100% certainty. Yes it ruins the game. GET OVER IT!!!

You all give it so much credibility by bringing it up time and time again.

I just shake my head in disgust when a person gets banned because he or she is TOO good. Ahhhh they must use a chess program. THey must cheat. No one is THAT good. BAN 'EM. Is this what internet chess has sunk to? Is this what I started when I first cheated back in the mid 90's? You may as well try to determine what your opponent looks like, what color their hair is, the color of their shirt, their sex, etc. IT CANT BE DONE.

Computer aided chess is as prevalent as phoney myspace profiles. You must admit this to yourselves. You must accept it. Just as you ACCEPT the risk that you might get into an accident when you get behind the wheel of a car, you MUST accept the fact that--one day-- you WILL get cheated at chess.

NOW, will someone on this dang site talk about CHESS, or has that responsibility been left to ME.
  2. Seattle
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 05:55
    Originally posted by cheater1
    It seems that every chess site I go on, the MAJORITY of time spent talking revolves around cheating. What a consumate WASTE of time. I wish you self righteous freaks would just ACCEPT and PROGRESS. Yes, cheating is the number 1 issue with online chess. Yes it is IMPOSSIBLE to detect with 100% certainty. Yes it ruins the game. GET OVER IT!!!

You all give ...[text shortened]... , will someone on this dang site talk about CHESS, or has that responsibility been left to ME.
    1) The only "chess" you have ever spoken on has been faulty advice at best
    2) There are plenty of threads discussing chess
    3) You stated your next relevant thread would be posted as of Friday....you fail at life
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 06:03
    The reason why I have failed to post my normal FRIDAY thread was because it wasn't deserved. I breeze through the current posts from time to time, LOOKING, HOPING, PRAYING for some catalyst--something that will spur me to post, but I get NOTHING.

The content from the posters here is not worthy. My god, I see posts where someone annotates a COMPLETE game, analyzing every single move. It must have taken them hours. To what end?

I waste my time on other posts that offer nothing. "look at this ending" or "This was my favorite game" or "This player got banned for cheating". PATHETIC!!! I want content &(*&%%^^%$ or I'll pack up and leave. And you all can take that to the bank.

Shape up, members of this site, if you want me to post again.
  4. Seattle
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 07:07
    ! I want content &(*&%%^^%$ or I'll pack up and leave. And you all can take that to the bank.
    well clearly you see yourself as the source of all knowledge...so I don't see how we can ever post "content" in your bloodshot eyes....as for the later half....Im sure you will get many sincere requests...
  5. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 07:26
    Originally posted by cheater1 I'll pack up and leave. [/b]
    We can only hope.
  6. In Jim's arms
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 07:30
    Shape up, members of this site, if you want me to post again.
    Dude, ha ha, no one even asked you to post in the first place. I doubt even the people want you to post.
  7. London
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 07:43
    Nice thread title...thought for a moment you'd reached an epiphany of self realisation.
  8. Seattle
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 08:08
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Nice thread title...thought for a moment you'd reached an epiphany of self realisation.
    hehe...it was kinda funnny...I was skimming over thread titles and my brain read 'Truly pathetic' and then skipped for the date and read 'cheater1'...and my brain arrived at the conclusion 'cheater1 is truly pathetic'
  9. Germany
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 16:49
    Go back to Middle Earth.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 16:49
    What is the point on this debate about cheating? You are clearly interested in chess enough to play the game. Is it casual play or competitive who really cares, its a game. A game! WHO is getting hurt? If you want to socialize then pick up games face to face and let the banter fly otherwise just play the game. It doesn't matter who I play or if they getting assistance I am still learning and find this relaxing
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 17:19
    I think Bill718 gave some great advice. I know I'm not that great at chess but I enjoy the game. Also it's fun talking to people from all over the world. I think that Bill718's advice and some of the other Good players here makes logical sense. I've slowed down and already my rating has jumped up a little just from paying attention. What I like about most of the people at this site is sure they might kick you @$$ at a game of chess but afterwards they will help you out and give you advice. The people who cheat well they will never really have the satisfaction of making strides on there own with their own brain thats why it's pointless. So really what would your advice be to someone such as myself? My goals for chess right now are to get to 1300's on my own power.(mediocre sure) Study more specially tactics. Basics like learning skewers and forks and not getting caught in these LOL 🙂 Keeping my game load around 50 thats about my max.I have a board where I wrote in every square to help with learning. Lastly whats the point in talking about chess without playing it? Thats where it's at!!

Manny
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 17:22
    Forgot to mention the Clans our fun 🙂 too.

Manny
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 18:33

Computer aided chess is as prevalent as my phoney credentials.
    Well said
  14. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 19:471 edit
    WOW! Cheater_1, I ACTUALLY agree with you!

I think that accusations and news of cheaters is IRRELEVANT and actually should be considered SPAM on this site. The chess forum is for CHESS discussion, not for the LATEST cheaters.

In fact, I think this site would be a hell a-lot better if the WITCH-HUNTS stopped! Who CARES if you play an engine user? Chances are, you'll LEARN from it. If you're NOT satisfied with the game, then, rather than posting in the forums, send FEEDBACK.

It's probably better if we just ALLOWED engine use, so as to avoid continued talk about cheaters.

Or if you want to continue to discuss cheaters and engine users, why not make a GOSSIP forum - or rather, put in the GENERAL forum. OFF TOPIC. Cheaters have NOTHING to do with advancing chess.

I think we need to make our FORUM MODERATORS more AGGRESSIVE, and simply DELETE all topics associated with cheating!

----------------

And he brings up a GREAT point: There is not a whole lot of SUBSTANCE in this chess forum, compared to other forums I am seeing on different sites.
  15. Joined
    26 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 20:03
    Using an engine is not always good, unless you got Rybka 3 and you make it search 20 minutes per moves before playing, so it can see the weakness of its first move.

What can you learned by playing and crushing everyone with an engine here?

I don,t think there is to much point. It will just enrage everyone else, we don't want to play agaisn't "god", just normal chess players that can do mistake,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree