Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 31 Oct '07 17:52
    It seems to me that that the U.S.C.F and RHP ratings pretty much correspond up to the 19 hundreds anyway. Feedback from U.S.C.F.
    rated players would be appreciated.
  2. 31 Oct '07 18:56
    Originally posted by davidgrayson
    It seems to me that that the U.S.C.F and RHP ratings pretty much correspond up to the 19 hundreds anyway. Feedback from U.S.C.F.
    rated players would be appreciated.
    It does for me...

    However I play about 10 uscf games a year while I play hundreds on RHP so my rating here is naturally more volatile.
  3. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    31 Oct '07 18:58
    i'm 1300-1400 uscf....and i'm the same at rhp.

    *not for long though.....one day i'll be 1800.......one day*
  4. 31 Oct '07 20:39
    I'm about 300 points lower here than my USCF rating, but I've seen others claim the reverse. Go figure.
  5. Standard member HurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    31 Oct '07 20:51
    I think that the ratings on here are very similar to elo or is that just a coincedence?
  6. 31 Oct '07 22:32
    Originally posted by HurricaneConway125
    I think that the ratings on here are very similar to elo or is that just a coincedence?
    Using the elo rating system and with enough people playing, I see no reason why the ratings wouldn't be comparable, with the exception of people who are better or worse at correspondence versus OTB for whatever reason.
  7. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    31 Oct '07 23:56
    My USCF rating is 1669 while my RHP rating is normally around 1530-1630
  8. Standard member Arrakis
    D_U_N_E
    01 Nov '07 01:00
    Originally posted by davidgrayson
    It seems to me that that the U.S.C.F and RHP ratings pretty much correspond up to the 19 hundreds anyway. Feedback from U.S.C.F.
    rated players would be appreciated.
    My USCF rating is the same as my RHP rating. However, I do believe that players above 1900 USCF should play 100-200 points higher here at RHP if they play serious chess. That's because they can use a database to get through complicated openings.

    If you do not use a database for every game and come here just for the fun of it (maybe after having a few drinks) then yes, the ratings appear to be the same.
  9. 01 Nov '07 01:20
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    If you do not use a database for every game and come here just for the fun of it (maybe after having a few drinks) then yes, the ratings appear to be the same.

    Wait, I'm confused. People play chess here without having a few drinks? I wouldn't want to live in a world like that!
  10. Standard member CalWriter
    Creative Genius
    01 Nov '07 02:59
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Using the elo rating system and with enough people playing, I see no reason why the ratings wouldn't be comparable, with the exception of people who are better or worse at correspondence versus OTB for whatever reason.
    Lots of people have a higher correspondence rating than OTB.
  11. Standard member HurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    01 Nov '07 07:24
    Yeah my OTB grade works out at about 1700 elo so I will see how high I get here
  12. Subscriber AttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    01 Nov '07 08:14
    My RHP rating is higher, largely because I have lots of time to consider moves, tactics, and strategy and because I can use books and notes.
  13. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    01 Nov '07 12:56
    Mine are comparable, the USCF slightly lower. The USCF also seems in a freefall. It went down after scoring 3 of 5 in a recent club event (a consequence of being near the top of the local rating pool).
  14. Standard member wargamer66
    Steve B.
    01 Nov '07 18:42
    1690 USCF, 1850s here. I have been sucking at G/30 since my return to OTB chess, so im guessing im stronger here by far.
  15. 05 Nov '07 17:16
    Originally posted by davidgrayson
    It seems to me that that the U.S.C.F and RHP ratings pretty much correspond up to the 19 hundreds anyway. Feedback from U.S.C.F.
    rated players would be appreciated.
    Not for me. I am 1745 here and 2075 USCF. 330 points difference in favor of USCF.
    The reason - I play fast here. Usually I just see the position and play, except a few games in KID 4 pawns attack and in Caro-Kan.