1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:41
    Originally posted by RahimK
    You mean disagree with GM Ivanchuk?
    Yes I do, especially when GM Ivanchuk plays moves like Ke7 which clearly aren't the best.

Every player can have improvements made.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:42
    Please add my name -- and thanks, RahimK, for offering. I solved the problem in about a minute, with a little help from my friends 😉
  3. Stormwind City
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:441 edit
    heh i did name that wrong it was supposed to be g5 not g6 i let that one get by me 😛 but why would forcing the trade of bishops not be good? after black moves his pawn down to prevent the bishop from escaping couldn't white move his queen up then? then black will have to protect the pawn with yet another piece or else white will simply take the g5 pawn with his bishop and attack black's queen? let me see if i can get notation right this time 😛
    10. Bxh6 g5 🙂
    11. Qd2 f6? and black's kingside is shot to pieces?
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:44
    1. RahimK
    2. Kevin Mcfarland
    3. Falco Lombardi
    4. pizzintea
    5. Shinidoki
    6. Loki74
    7. chesskid001
    8. MoneyMaker
    9.corvus
    10.typen
    11.huckleberryhound
    12.HandyAndy

idioms? cmsmaster? briancron? Can I add your names to the list?
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:45
    1. RahimK
    2. Kevin Mcfarland
    3. Falco Lombardi
    4. pizzintea
    5. Shinidoki
    6. Loki74
    7. chesskid001
    8. MoneyMaker
    9.corvus
    10.typen
    11.huckleberryhound
    12.HandyAndy

idioms? cmsmaster? briancron? Can I add your names to the list?
    Idioms is 1700 plus and I'm 1620, but I'll still be popping in and out. 🙂
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:46
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Yes I do, especially when GM Ivanchuk plays moves like Ke7 which clearly aren't the best.

Every player can have improvements made.
    Hehe, it happens. I try not to go into variations to much because It's not as fun and you can go on forever. I like going through the main game and very few variations.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:471 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Idioms is 1700 plus and I'm 1620, but I'll still be popping in and out. 🙂
    Yes I know, but you can still learn from these games. Alright fine, you guys can skip out on the exercises 😛
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:50
    Okay, so it basically took 1 minute to solve a simple puzzles like that.

Everyone on the list can spare 1 minute in 2 days right to solve or try to solve the puzzles and post the answer? It doesn't have to be right, as long as you try and post something. Is that fair? I'll go over master games and in return you will give me 1 minute of you time and post the solution to the problem.
  9. Stormwind City
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:51
    Two days lol that's more than reasonable for the help. thank you btw for helping us 🙂 at least we don't have to be right cause i already missed one (kinda bad to admit lol but that's why im here 😛)
  10. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:021 edit
    You mean disagree with GM Ivanchuk?
    If you've solved a few tactical problems you've probably disagreed with a GM (and been right!) 🙂
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:05
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    If you've solved a few tactical problems you've probably disagreed with a GM (and been right!) 🙂
    Yes! I have a problem with Kasp. Stalemating this opponent when he had a king + Queen vs a King and Pawn. He was 2 moves away from mate and what does he do?

Stalemates the person!
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:10
    Okay, so it basically took 1 minute to solve a simple puzzles like that.

Everyone on the list can spare 1 minute in 2 days right to solve or try to solve the puzzles and post the answer? It doesn't have to be right, as long as you try and post something. Is that fair? I'll go over master games and in return you will give me 1 minute of you time and post the solution to the problem.
    yessir 🙂
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:191 edit
    Yes! I have a problem with Kasp. Stalemating this opponent when he had a king + Queen vs a King and Pawn. He was 2 moves away from mate and what does he do?

Stalemates the person!
    From Gm Seirwan's book:

34. We are absolutely sure you found 1. Qd7+ Kf8 2. Qf7 mate or 1. Qd4 Kf8 2. Qh8 mate. Congratulate yourself! In this same type of position, world champion Garry Kasparov permitted a stalemate by 1. Qd6. There were extenuating circumstances: Kasparov was playing a wild and exciting speed game (both sides having only five minutes for the entire game) against a strong grandmaster, and in his eagerness to win he overlooked this stalemate pattern. Still, this mistake is probably the most elementary error in the champion's entire career.

14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:55
    It has begun.

Check out the thread, Rahim's Chess Lessons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree