1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 23:51
    what a wonderful read! If you are a bit of a couch potato chess player and enjoy reading reams of annotated games them this is one of the most enjoyable i have come across to date.
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 00:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what a wonderful read! If you are a bit of a couch potato chess player and enjoy reading reams of annotated games them this is one of the most enjoyable i have come across to date.
    You described me more accurately than I would like to admit! I'll have to check it out.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 00:291 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    You described me more accurately than I would like to admit! I'll have to check it out.
    honestly Paul, like you I do enjoy reading chess books and as you are aware there is a great difference among them, today two books came, Experts v the Sicilian and Understanding you chess, the latter is much more interesting than former, already i am on page thirty and there is no sign of stopping 🙂
  4. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 01:43
    Rizzitano is underated as a player and a writer. I have that book and I enjoyed it.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 12:251 edit
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Rizzitano is underated as a player and a writer. I have that book and I enjoyed it.
    yes its a great read he is quite amusing as well as instructive. A chess book that at once instructs and entertains, how awesome, how novel! 🙂
  6. Lagos
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 08:29
    I'm happy for you, Mr. Robbie. Finally a chess book that you might actually read to the end.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 01:52
    Originally posted by Goshen
    I'm happy for you, Mr. Robbie. Finally a chess book that you might actually read to the end.
    thanks Goshen, i am on page fifty three of this one, i started another one and i am enjoying it, experts v the Sicilian (has some good tactical ideas) and i may even finish pawns structure chess by Andrew Soltis and there is a Karpov book waiting in the wings 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree