1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 19:49
    Originally posted by powershaker
    No, I'm not. I just thought it strange that my Mephisto is rated 1880 Elo and has a 2080 USCF rating? Now, why is that? Why the 200 point difference? And, by everything I've calculated, it's true. An Elo strength of 1800 is really a 1600 Elo rating. Or else why are computers rated with that difference?
    Stop being so obtuse.
  2. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 19:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:052 edits
    Intresting, it seems im being stalked by a physcotic little child who seems to have a fixation with me. Is he gay? insane? or just have an IQ of 40?Game 1683219
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:07
    I meant to say 1880 Elo and 2080 USCF for Mephisto. Now, why do they rate it that way? Why the 200 point difference? It's not being "obtuse" to inquire and create hypothesis and theory. Only idiots like you - Ravello - try to defeat the purpose of science and inquiry. Smart people ask questions. But, you must not be too smart.
    Again,stop being so obtuse,you have nothing to do with "science and inquiry".
    It's months that you bug everyone here with your obsession with ratings,computer ratings,Elo ratings,USCF ratings and always with the basic purpose of proving that you should have an higher rating than the one you have here.
    You're so boring.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:11
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Intresting, it seems im being stalked by a physcotic little child who seems to have a fixation with me. Is he gay? insane? or just have an IQ of 40?Game 1683219
    Haha,did he sent you tons of messages saying that you "got lucky" or that you won using "outside sources" or crap like that?

Don't worry,he does it all the times he loses a game.
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:151 edit
    No, it just seems to me that you've lost our game and refuse to resign. At least, in that game you posted, I was mature enough to resign when it's an obvious lost position. There is no way you can win the position in our second game. Your rating has already dropped from 1700s to the low 1600s! I suspect it will continue to drop, and then I will earn far less points than you earned from winning against me. This is also a clan game, and I think you should respect my clan and realize you've lost. Next move is to move the king out of check and towards your rook until I am so close he can no longer check. If you do not check, I queen my pawn. And, only a New Yorker would think he's being stalked on the internet by a chess game. You are just making excuses because I've demolished you equally as well as you've demolished me. Wake up New York! This is who represents you, the chess capital of the Unites States of America! I'm only a simple Oregonian, but know you've lost New York. If you don't want to have anything to do with me anymore, then resign our game, so I have another slot to play someone else more worthy. Stop crying New York!
  7. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:221 edit
    No, it just seems to me that you've lost our game and refuse to resign. At least, in that game you posted, I was mature enough to resign when it's an obvious lost position. There is no way you can win the position in our second game. Your rating has already dropped from 1700s to the low 1600s! I suspect it will continue to drop, and then I will earn r game, so I have another slot to play someone else more worthy. Stop crying New York!
    are you saying the other game wasn't obviously lost (at least for you) after move 40? You played on for 13 more moves.
  8. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:231 edit
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    are you saying the other game wasn't obviously lost (at least to you) after move 40? You played on for 13 more moves.
    Yeah, I did. Yeah, I can't deny that, but I thought I could get some positional advantage somewhere. I had a good reason. But, when it was blatanly obvious, I resigned. But, I also need to remind you I was moving twice or three times a day in some instances, and that game last a much shorter time. Those moves I made still did not make the game longer than it could have been.
  9. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:421 edit
    How ahout some blitz games for money? if your so much better then me? I suspect i will win everyone of them. The game you won was totaly won by me. I just got sleepy because i was playing a much weaker player, and the ass-whopping i did to you last game got me overconfident, all i had to do was block the e-file with my king, and mop up on your weak pawns. You are about a 1300 who got lucky.
    I suspect all your noise here and to my message box is the result of too much physciatry drugs. Ease up on the zoloft before you go bezerk and shoot a bunch of people.
  10. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:465 edits
    How ahout some blitz games for money? if your so much better then me? I suspect i will win everyone of them. The game you won was totaly won by me. I just got sleepy because i was playing a much weaker player, and the ass-whopping i did to you last game got me overconfident, all i had to do was block the e-file with my king, and mop up on your weak pawn ...[text shortened]... o much physciatry drugs. Ease up on the zoloft before you go bezerk and shoot a bunch of people.
    Go ahead and make your excuses, but your immense drop in rating clearly shows you are no where near the strength of 1700. You are a fake, and I plan on eating some of those points away myself. 1300? Afraid not! I scored perfect on the Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course Volume II in half the time. I am playing quick chess on here with you. I played practically blitz with you at one stage of the game. You are no 1900 blitz player. You're a "wanna be" Lawrence Fishburne, and you're never going to get a part on Searching For Bobby Fischer, Big Apple! Stop spreading the news! Your leaving today! You're not going to be a part of it! New York! New York! Ahhh HAHAHAHAH! Even if you are a 1900 blitz player, that doesn't impress me. There are 1900 blitz players out there who have 1300 standard OTB ratings, only because that's all they know how to play, quick tactical moves to psych their opponent out.
  11. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 20:56
    How ahout some blitz games for money? if your so much better then me? I suspect i will win everyone of them. The game you won was totaly won by me. I just got sleepy because i was playing a much weaker player, and the ass-whopping i did to you last game got me overconfident, all i had to do was block the e-file with my king, and mop up on your weak pawn ...[text shortened]... o much physciatry drugs. Ease up on the zoloft before you go bezerk and shoot a bunch of people.
    "How about some blitz games for money..." blah blah blah... Blitz isn't real chess, Mr. Wanna Be! Didn't you see the movie Searching For Bobby Fischer! Keep using your excuses to make yourself feel better.
  12. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 21:01
    "How about some blitz games for money..." blah blah blah... Blitz isn't real chess, Mr. Wanna Be! Didn't you see the movie Searching For Bobby Fischer! Keep using your excuses to make yourself feel better.
    ok chicken. Then i guess im much stronger then you. At least with blitz, you wont have time to consult a database or fritz, and only true skill will prevail.
    Shall i post the game i kicked your butt with again?
  13. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 21:04
    Go ahead and make your excuses, but your immense drop in rating clearly shows you are no where near the strength of 1700. You are a fake, and I plan on eating some of those points away myself. 1300? Afraid not! I scored perfect on the Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course Volume II in half the time. I am playing quick chess on here with you. I pl ...[text shortened]... ause that's all they know how to play, quick tactical moves to psych their opponent out.
    Stop making a fool out of yourself, you're only digging that hole deeper and deeper.
  14. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 21:051 edit
    ok chicken. Then i guess im much stronger then you. At least with blitz, you wont have time to consult a database or fritz, and only true skill will prevail.
    Shall i post the game i kicked your butt with again?
    Boy, did you just step on your tongue! I don't use anything! I use 1 and a half hours at the library, and usually make all my moves from my owm brain in the Newport Public LIbrary within the first 30 minutes. BAHAHAHA!!! If you don't believe, you should read past threads. True skill is standard OTB tourneys. Real chess. Most real chess artistry in combinations can take 10 minutes or so to think through deep combinations. That's where the artistry of chess resides, you big ignoramous! You know nothing about chess by thinking blitz is important! If anything, it ruins people's standard OTB strength. Some people it ruins, some - like Fischer - it doesn't. But, it's definitely not good for OTB standard play. The deepest and most beautiful combinations are thought out. I practically play quick chess on here. I usually make all my moves in 30 minutes - that's in 20+ games.
  15. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 21:16
    Boy, did you just step on your tongue! I don't use anything! I use 1 and a half hours at the library, and usually make all my moves from my owm brain in the Newport Public LIbrary within the first 30 minutes. BAHAHAHA!!! If you don't believe, you should read past threads. True skill is standard OTB tourneys. Real chess. Most real chess artistry in ...[text shortened]... ay quick chess on here. I usually make all my moves in 30 minutes - that's in 20+ games.
    whatever nutjob. Your talking about how much beter you are, then a few blitz games to settle once and for all who is best, should be no problem for you. Until then, talk is talk. Put your money where your mouth is

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree