1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 20:37
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Ravello help!

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=36949&page=5

I think this person need some words of wisdom from you.
    Done! πŸ™‚
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 12:58
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Actually, out of all 20 games I'm playing right now, I'm playing 1400 and 1500 players, so you don't have a clue what you're talking about wormwood. Use the facts before you speak. Nearly all my games are 1400s and 1500s players. πŸ™‚
    you may or may not have your current games against 1500's, I don't care enough to waste my time checking your individual games. I just checked your profile, and the facts are: you've got 58 won games, 33 lost. that means your average opponent is about 150pts lower than you. your last game was against a 700.

if you played people the same rating you were, you'd have as many wins as you have losses. that's the way the rating-algorithm works.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 13:07
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    just like a nutjob. That wasnt even directed at you. Keep taking the "meds" everything will be alright.....
    it was directed at me?? when did I become an expert?? and here I've been thinking I was a beginner... you're just too funny. πŸ˜€
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 20:5211 edits
    Originally posted by wormwood
    you may or may not have your current games against 1500's, I don't care enough to waste my time checking your individual games. I just checked your profile, [b]and the facts are: you've got 58 won games, 33 lost. that means your average opponent is about 150pts lower than you. your last game was against a 700.

if you played people the same rating you ...[text shortened]... ere, you'd have as many wins as you have losses. that's the way the rating-algorithm works.[/b]
    No, actually, if you should know, that 700 player started out as a 1700+ player! And, it's not my fault if - while I'm playing an opponent like Grandmouster - if his rating drops from 1720 to 1615 or lower. Needless to say, I've been attempting all along to play 1500+ players, because how do you think the games I am playing are all clan games, only matching me up with the rating range I am presently holding? So, you stuck your foot in your mouth. Now, that's funny! I suggest people who are not 1500 stop blowing their rating up falsely so that while I'm playing them, they lose 200 points in the process and I get a win and only 4 points added to my rating.

Incidentally, check this out. This is an example of a real player's stats, someone whom I've won against who dropped from 1700s to 900s, just as one Grandmouster is doing:

Games Played 534
    Rated 525
    Won 271
    Lost 245
    Drawn 18
    In Progress 3
    Moves 15821
    Rating 960
    Highest Rating 1750 (Last 30 Days)
    Highest rating is used to determine eligibility for rating controlled tournaments.

And, this is his rating now: Llewellyn (960)
    powershaker (1532)

And, here's the game if you want to review it: Game 1615427

Oh, by the way, here's another game with a "use to be" 1700s player on RHP who has a clear loss with me and still won't resign and he'll probably gain many more points from beating me once than I will win from winning one game from him: Game 1683218 You call all this fair? Yeah, I know. Me neither. And, this has happened to me more than once, twice, three times... Many times. Think of the rating points I would have gotten from these two plastic 1700 players? 40? Oddly enough, it's strange that they played like 1700 players in 1 out of the 2 games and then the second game it was like playing a 1400 player.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 21:26

And, this is his rating now: Llewellyn (960)
    powershaker (1532)
    And, here's the game if you want to review it: Game 1615427
    😴😴

You already posted about this game in four different threads now,you start to become boring more than annoying.......
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 21:35
    Originally posted by Ravello
    😴😴

You already posted about this game in four different threads now,you start to become boring more than annoying.......
    If I'm boring, don't read my posts, Ravello! That might work for you, I think, right? But, I know I own you. I know you have to respond when I type, because if truth be known, you love to post after my posts. You think it makes you famous. LOL
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 21:48
    If I'm boring, don't read my posts, Ravello! That might work for you, I think, right? But, I know I own you. I know you have to respond when I type, because if truth be known, you love to post after my posts. You think it makes you famous. LOL
    I just read the threads where there are new posts and until I have read them I can't know their content ,don't you think?

Everytime I wish in vain that you have posted something new or something interesting about chess,but you still go on beating that dead horse about rating.....
  8. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 21:56
    I just read the threads where there are new posts and until I have read them I can't know their content ,don't you think?

Everytime I wish in vain that you have posted something new or something interesting about chess,but you still go on beating that dead horse about rating.....
    Okay, I'll start posting other stuff to entertain you, Ravello. Okay? Don't get too tear-eyed. Witness the new thread that's out?
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 22:20
    😴😴

And he was not winning this game at any point after 23...Rxd1.

If Llewellyn had not resigned, he probably would have won. And what would have happened to Powershaker's rating then?

Beaten by a 700? Ouch.
  10. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 23:35
    You need to stop stalking me nutjob. I allready have a girlfriend, i dont need another.
    I see they let you use the computer at that asylum your in.
    Why are you fascinated with me? are you a fan of brokeback mountain?
    So you got a game on me, so what? Im willing to learn from my mistakes, and correct it the next time. Thats how someone gets bettter.
    oh, by the way remember this game? Game 1683219
    Remember how your king got wasted, and looks drunk going after my pawns, and when im going to queen on you. and kill that old man?πŸ˜€
    Now thats priceless😏
    Leave it alone nutjob, and move on. Where all bored with it allready
  11. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 01:31
    No, actually, if you should know, that 700 player started out as a 1700+ player! ...
    no feet in my mouth, I just called it like the numbers show. - but you do have a point about mass resignations, I'll give you that. though I also believe those people probably had a good reason. nobody would lose 1000pts just for fun. still, the mass resignation doesn't apply to grandhomophobic. he's just as much a 1700 as I'm a 1600 for peaking shortly at 1608.

btw, llewellyn was winning when he resigned. as if you didn't know. likely he just had some forcing reason to quit his games. and we all do have the right to resign at any point if we see fit. also, It's not like he gained anything by doing it. -there might be a time when you'll be forced to abandon all your games. for health reasons, technical, social or some other unforeseen reasons. suck it up. it's only rating.
  12. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 01:37
    If your making assumtions about my rating, be prepared to back it up with an action. We can play a few blitz games, at say yahoo, or ICC, or any free chess server.
    Then, if im just 1600 as you say, i should win about 60% of my games.
    If im 1800+ as my current blitz rating is, then i should win 80-90% (or 100😡 of my games.
    But if your to hung up on ratings, as is your good friend, powerless, or something, then dont bother..πŸ˜€
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 02:09
    If your making assumtions about my rating, be prepared to back it up with an action. We can play a few blitz games, at say yahoo, or ICC, or any free chess server.
    Then, if im just 1600 as you say, i should win about 60% of my games.
    If im 1800+ as my current blitz rating is, then i should win 80-90% (or 100😡 of my games.
    But if your to hung up on ratings, as is your good friend, powerless, or something, then dont bother..πŸ˜€
    I suck at blitz. I mean REALLY Suck at blitz. I couldn't blitz my way out of a paper bag. I'm 1000 at FICS for the blitz, and 1380 for the standard rating. but CC isn't blitz.

again, I'm only looking at your graph here. if you're better than 1600, your rating will surely rise to reflect that. now it doesn't look like you'd be a 1800. in CC.
  14. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 03:07
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I suck at blitz. I mean REALLY Suck at blitz. I couldn't blitz my way out of a paper bag. I'm 1000 at FICS for the blitz, and 1380 for the standard rating. but CC isn't blitz.

again, I'm only looking at your graph here. if you're better than 1600, your rating will surely rise to reflect that. now it doesn't look like you'd be a 1800. in CC.
    Yes, you poor thing, you have infeiriority complexes, and a lack of self esteem, which translates in a nebulous "authority" of ratings, and players ability.
    If you where, say, 2400. i might sulk, and lower my head, and do a "aww, shucks"...
    :'(
    But seeing as you are a true patzer, with your 1000 blitz rating, i can only laugh.😡
    I will get to 1800, or maybe 1900, and if i decide to renew my membership, 2000+
    I do play my games here like blitz games. But im going to take more time in the future, and work on my rating.
    And when i come back here to see all the sub 1500's who tried to desparage me with their cheap shots at my supposed abilitys, i will laugh πŸ™„, and continue on my way to mastery
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 07:08
    Yes, you poor thing, you have infeiriority complexes, and a lack of self esteem, which translates in a nebulous "authority" of ratings, and players ability.
    If you where, say, 2400. i might sulk, and lower my head, and do a "aww, shucks"...
    :'(
    But seeing as you are a true patzer, with your 1000 blitz rating, i can only laugh.😡
    I will get to 1800, ...[text shortened]... ir cheap shots at my supposed abilitys, i will laugh πŸ™„, and continue on my way to mastery
    It seems like there are some players here who are obsessed with their rating.
    To the point of it consuming them, and taking over their sanity.
    I play here to have fun, and get better.
    It seems like a good opertunity to get away from blitz, and, the randomness of speed chess.
    Corespondence Chess is a great way to get analytical, and explore the many great nuances of this great game.
    It seems a pity there are a few players who take losing to an extreme

Take that! Sounds familiar hey, Maybe you were talking about yourself.

I especially like how you mentioned

It seems like a good opertunity to get away from blitz

while in this post you mention,

I do play my games here like blitz games

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree