Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 25 Jan '09 00:40
    ive been caught cheating before on playchess and havent done it since... but id like to improve my opening play. would i get caught for this or not? id like to use cheesbase 9 opening database... would playchess.com catch me for cheating?
  2. Standard member clandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    25 Jan '09 00:50
    I really doubt they will have a problem with anything that has to do with cheese.. be it chedder, mozzerela, swiss, or any other kind.
  3. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    25 Jan '09 01:01
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    I really doubt they will have a problem with anything that has to do with cheese.. be it chedder, mozzerela, swiss, or any other kind.
    i like the kind that comes in those red circle things.. really rich kind..

but to answer the question, you should play by the rules.. learn openings here!
  4. Standard member sbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    25 Jan '09 01:30
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    I don't know about that. I've heard rumors that if you play using Cheesebase you can get pretty gouda. Ouch, I know. I know, but somebody had to say it! Hey, I'm here all week folks, tip your waitress and try the veal.
  5. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    25 Jan '09 03:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Arrak
    ive been caught cheating before on playchess and havent done it since... but id like to improve my opening play. would i get caught for this or not? id like to use cheesbase 9 opening database... would playchess.com catch me for cheating?
    how would copying moves from the database blindly in the heat of the game improve your play???

you should get spanked for even thinking about cheating. and they would've been better off banning you permanently on the first time, as it's obvious you didn't learn a single thing getting caught the first time.
  6. 25 Jan '09 03:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wormwood
    how would copying moves from the database blindly in the heat of the game improve your play???

you should get spanked for even thinking about cheating. and they would've been better off banning you permanently on the first time, as it's obvious you didn't learn a single thing getting caught the first time.
    wait a minute you guys said data bases were ok! whats the deal now? yes it would not improve much, ummm i think, but its not illegal now is it?
  7. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    25 Jan '09 03:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wait a minute you guys said data bases were ok! whats the deal now? yes it would not improve much, ummm i think, but its not illegal now is it?
    he was talking about playchess.
  8. 25 Jan '09 07:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah i know, i got the idea that using an engine was common practice on red hot pawn. i dont use databases that often and when i do its only for the opening.
  9. 25 Jan '09 07:53
    Originally posted by wormwood
    he was talking about playchess.
    what difference does it make if someone is using an engine on playchess or redhotpawn?
  10. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    25 Jan '09 09:48 / 1 edit
    what difference does it make if someone is using an engine on playchess or redhotpawn?
    opening books are not allowed on playchess but they are allowed here. (Totally different types of chess - correspodence / real time have totally different rules.)

As far as I know engines are not allowed on RHP neither on playchess.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    25 Jan '09 12:55
    You want advice on whether if you cheat, you're likely to be caught?
  12. Standard member Jie
    25 Jan '09 14:17
    You have been caught cheating on playchess before? What is your rating/nick on Playchess? My advice to you would be to learn chess properly. If you "stole" and got from say 1200 to 1500, what would you do when you actually met 1400s-1600s OTB?
  13. 25 Jan '09 17:08
    You are either silly or very brave coming on here admitting you
    have been banned for cheating.

What difference does it make?

How would you feel if one of the players you coach at tennis kept
    getting beat by a junkie.

However I suppose you could have sneaked on here under a new
    name. So I take the refromed bit as OK. 2nd chance and all that.

Please post one of the games that got you caught - a game where
    you did use a computer.

I've seen loads of games with people suggesting or hinting there
    may be a box invovled.

Never seen the real McCoy. Would like to know if you boxed every
    move or just a few selected ones.
  14. 25 Jan '09 21:02
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    You are either silly or very brave coming on here admitting you
    have been banned for cheating.

What difference does it make?

How would you feel if one of the players you coach at tennis kept
    getting beat by a junkie.

However I suppose you could have sneaked on here under a new
    name. So I take the refromed bit as OK. 2nd chance and all that. ...[text shortened]... r seen the real McCoy. Would like to know if you boxed every
    move or just a few selected ones.
    actually ive never cheated on playchess.com. but like 3 years ago i had a membership on icc. and i used chessmaster to play against a few players but i got caught right away.

right now i just want to improve my openings not cheat the whole match, thats just boring and pointless.
  15. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    25 Jan '09 22:22
    actually ive never cheated on playchess.com. but like 3 years ago i had a membership on icc. and i used chessmaster to play against a few players but i got caught right away.

right now i just want to improve my openings not cheat the whole match, thats just boring and pointless.
    actually ive never cheated on playchess.com.

Quoting your first post in this thread: "ive been caught cheating before on playchess

but like 3 years ago i had a membership on icc. and i used chessmaster to play against a few players but i got caught right away.

So you want to say that you have cheated in ICC not in Playchess? What`s the difference where exactly you have cheated?