1. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 22:25
    Originally posted by Korch
    [b]actually ive never cheated on playchess.com.

Quoting your first post in this thread: "ive been caught cheating before on playchess

but like 3 years ago i had a membership on icc. and i used chessmaster to play against a few players but i got caught right away.

So you want to say that you have cheated in ICC not in Playchess? What`s the difference where exactly you have cheated?[/b]
    uhm, any reason your trying to chase him down? at least he admits when he cheats.

some just keep going on and on and on and on for years pretending they're legitimate.

sad story.

-GIN
  2. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    uhm, any reason your trying to chase him down? at least he admits when he cheats.

some just keep going on and on and on and on for years pretending they're legitimate.

sad story.

-GIN
    Not "trying to chase him down", but only pointing out contradiction in his texts.
  3. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 22:57

sad story.

-GIN
    How do you know he wouldn't have kept on cheating if he hadn't been caught?

Here's a funny coincidence: Arrak got banned for cheating on one site and User 74400 got banned from this site for cheating. Must be something in the name.
  4. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by KneeCaps

Here's a funny coincidence: Arrak got banned for cheating on one site and User 74400 got banned from this site for cheating. Must be something in the name.
    Interesting if your a bit slow,
    but Arrakis plays on another site, and is slightly smarter than this Arrak
    EDIT: and he wasnt banned for cheating
    Besides, everyone still thinks I'm Arrakis

Keep up would you?

-GIN
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:11

Arrakis is NOT a cheat. say what you will, but he is legit when it comes to chess...period
  6. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:17
    Originally posted by Arrak
    ive been caught cheating before on playchess and havent done it since... but id like to improve my opening play. would i get caught for this or not? id like to use cheesbase 9 opening database... would playchess.com catch me for cheating?
    Dude, its frustrating when you learn for years and still play like crap. But once in a while, you can throw good game and feel fantastic about it. That's the point. What's was your point on playchess ?
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:36
    ive been caught cheating before on playchess and havent done it since... but id like to improve my opening play. would i get caught for this or not? id like to use cheesbase 9 opening database... would playchess.com catch me for cheating?
    According to Peter Schreiner from Support and documentation at playchess.com then they will catch you again.
  8. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:45
    Interesting if your a bit slow,
    but Arrakis plays on another site, and is slightly smarter than this Arrak
    EDIT: and he wasnt banned for cheating
    Besides, everyone still thinks I'm Arrakis

Keep up would you?

-GIN
    Actually wasn't trying to say they were the same person. Just pointing out the similarity in the names. My mistake in saying Arrakis was banned for cheating. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions without knowing the facts.
  9. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 08:37
    Chess sites that require you to download a client application in order for you to play can monitor the programs running in your tasklist. If you are running an engine while playing on their sites, you will most likely get banned for cheating or be labeled as a computer-assisted player. Since Chessbase is basically an engine interface, you run the risk of getting banned/labeled just by looking up opening moves. It is much safer to use an online database.
  10. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 08:52
    Actually wasn't trying to say they were the same person. Just pointing out the similarity in the names. My mistake in saying Arrakis was banned for cheating. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions without knowing the facts.
    I'll apologize then for any harshness. Clearly misunderstood your post.

-GIN
  11. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:30
    Originally posted by Korch
    [b]actually ive never cheated on playchess.com.

Quoting your first post in this thread: "ive been caught cheating before on playchess

but like 3 years ago i had a membership on icc. and i used chessmaster to play against a few players but i got caught right away.

So you want to say that you have cheated in ICC not in Playchess? What`s the difference where exactly you have cheated?[/b]
    playchess and icc are bascially the same thing. i got into chess like 3 years ago. i wasn't very good to begin with. anyway at one point in my rookie year i decided to use the computer (chessmaster) against my opponent. but i soon found out i would not get anything out of these type of matches, on top of that i got caught. and have never cheated since.

i know in my original post i said i cheated on playchess... but i just said that not to confuse people and make up a big elaborate story.

bascially i learned that cheating dosen't get you any where you dont really improve your game. and like i said i haven't done it since.

but i've played at least one match on here where my opponent cheated. so i posted this forum and i soon found out that using engines was common practice on rhp. when i found this out it frustrated me and i didn't feel like having a membership here, so im totally against cheating.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=106311&page=1

fishy game by black (my oppnent):

Game 5860535

i regret posting this fourm and getting such a negative reponse, but i just thought if using engines is alright on rhp then why not try to use an opening database to assist in learning different openings...
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:43
    If your idea is to learn chess openings, then a annoted database or book will be much more helpful then a database from Fritz/Chessmaster/whatever.
    The key in learning an opening is not to memorize the moves, but to understand what you are playing for. What are the ideas/plans/tactics? If you understand this just a little bit, it will greatly improve all your chessgames, because chess is not about memorizing the correct moves, but understanding what you are doing.

For blitz games it is not very usefull to practice openings at all. Just chose a basic set-up that suits you and play very fast with tactics on your mind.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:45
    fishy game by black (my oppnent):

Game 5860535
    Sorry, but as far as evidence of engine use goes, this game is lousy. Black just blundered a piece right out of the opening. The fact that he came back and won was more due to your poor play in middlegame and endgame rather than any brilliant moves on his part.

Nothing he did was terribly deep or tactically brilliant. I'm not even sure why you decided to just let him have the piece back on move 31. It doesn't take a rocket science to take hanging pieces.
  14. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sorry, but as far as evidence of engine use goes, this game is lousy. Black just blundered a piece right out of the opening. The fact that he came back and won was more due to your poor play in middlegame and endgame rather than any brilliant moves on his part.

Nothing he did was terribly deep or tactically brilliant. I'm not even sure why you decided ...[text shortened]... t him have the piece back on move 31. It doesn't take a rocket science to take hanging pieces.
    i know thats the thing though. after he blundered the piece he played pretty flawlessly. i matched the game up against a chess engine afterwords and ever since his blunder he seems to make the first move choosen by fritz?

ok maybe he didn't cheat but its just a bit fishy since he played such a poor opening and lost his bishop. i also thought he was playing above his 1600 rating compared to other 1600 ive played on here.

but maybe im wrong...
  15. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:58

why does it say arrakis got banned from the site. it seems like most rhp memebers like that guy. if he didn't cheat why did he get banned?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree