1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 10:34
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I am on this site for one reason and one reason alone. To improve my opening play. I do that by [b]using books whenever I can. I will shortly be using a database also but I find books better as they tend to explain the ideas behind the opening in a way a database cannot. As time goes by my knowledge improves and I can play ever deeper into an opening ...[text shortened]... my OTB play although I would expect my OTB rating to follow it up 6 months or so down the line.[/b]
    Right you are - for improving opening play player must use databases and books. Its not only remembering moves but also understanding main ideas and plans of current opening line or system.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 12:541 edit
  3. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 19:131 edit
    Well from what I've read using opening books for correspondence chess has actually been done for a good portion of this century. Back when people were mailing each other their games, it was common knowledge that some players to be consulting books for help. So it isn't entirely an internet phenomenon like chess-engine cheating.
  4. WORK
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 18:20
    where in the heck did that wussy poster go!?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree