1. Joined
    20 Oct '12
    Moves
    18 May '14 21:32
    My opponent was several hours over the time-out and I was considering messaging him to warn that I was considering claiming a time-out win when all of a sudden a "vacation" sign appeared. However, he went on to make a move within a few minutes of the sign appearing and has been moving regularly ever since despite the "vacation" sign still showing. I haven't subscribed as yet and about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks. Since I cannot claim vacation my opponent will probably claim a time-out. Is there anything I can do?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 May '14 23:08
    Originally posted by rowla1
    My opponent was several hours over the time-out and I was considering messaging him to warn that I was considering claiming a time-out win when all of a sudden a "vacation" sign appeared. However, he went on to make a move within a few minutes of the sign appearing and has been moving regularly ever since despite the "vacation" sign still showing. I haven't s ...[text shortened]... I cannot claim vacation my opponent will probably claim a time-out. Is there anything I can do?
    Ask him not to skull you. Though, if it were me, I'd say no. I'm all about enforcing time limits.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 May '14 23:582 edits
    My opponent was several hours over the time-out and I was considering messaging him to warn that I was considering claiming a time-out win when all of a sudden a "vacation" sign appeared. However, he went on to make a move within a few minutes of the sign appearing and has been moving regularly ever since despite the "vacation" sign still showing. I haven't s ...[text shortened]... I cannot claim vacation my opponent will probably claim a time-out. Is there anything I can do?
    The flag go up at Greenwich meantime midnight. So if you are in California it's 5 PM. And 4 PM winter time. Do the My Vacation Settings this is all it says for the rules: You must move in all games at risk of timeout before your vacation ends. Please book additional days accordingly. So basically make your own rules. And plus it might not be you he is wired about. Your opponent could be in 21 day time out matches and becoming close to being timed out. So that could be a reason.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    19 May '14 08:13
    main thing you should do ...dont start 1/0 games if you are going on holiday, you are playing 4 at the minute, and 82% of your loses have been on time outs..

the game in question is against me, i was away on saturday to cup final. a glorious st johnstone win, i put up vacation flag from friday midnight till sunday midnight, mainly because i am playing in a few 1/0 tournaments...so the vacation flag was up for 2 days and did not suddenly appear, i sent you a message last night but you did not reply..

some tips

get a sub....well worth it
    only play none subs...as they have the same amount of games as you
    dont play 1/0 games if you are going away..

i will not take the skull in our game...but in tournament games the skull is automatically taken after 2 days...i am not sure if this happens in friendlies
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:48
    If it was me, I'd time you out just for complaining in public about it. Next time send a message and wait for an answer. You're lucky roma is a gentleman and a decent fellow. The site is full of lions waiting to devour prey.
    *Roars*
  6. e4
    Moves
    20 May '14 02:501 edit
    Don't trust Roma, I know him.

The moment that grinning skull apears he will crunch it.
    He has taken 463 skulls, he is setting you up for number 464.

Cancel you holiday and carry on playing.

Where were you going anyway. To the Moon?
    Knock on someone's door and ask them to use their computer
    for a few mnutes to send a handful of moves. But be careful.

I did that when I was up Inverness.
    When they asked what the site was called and I replied: "Red Hot Pawn'.
    They slammed the door in my face.
  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    20 May '14 09:55
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Don't trust Roma, I know him.

The moment that grinning skull apears he will crunch it.
    He has taken 463 skulls, he is setting you up for number 464.

Cancel you holiday and carry on playing.

Where were you going anyway. To the Moon?
    Knock on someone's door and ask them to use their computer
    for a few mnutes to send a handful of moves. But be c ...[text shortened]... asked what the site was called and I replied: "Red Hot Pawn'.
    They slammed the door in my face.
    dont worry ...hibs will still have hearts to play next season....😀😀😀
  8. e4
    Moves
    20 May '14 10:55
    It's what I want. Then Hibs and Hearts go up and Rangers stay down. 🙂
    The crowds in the first Divison will outnumber the Premier League!
    Falkirk knew what they were doing staying down, they will make a fortune.

St.Johnstone won me £25.00 I could not believe the bookies made United favourite.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    23 May '14 17:30

St.Johnstone won me £25.00 I could not believe the bookies made United favourite.
    wow...where did hibs get 2 goals from???

the game in question..i am one move from check mate...it looks like my moaning friend was not going on holiday after all, or took your advice and stayed at home...

now he has stopped moving but moves in the other 3 games hes playing...he only has one legal move in mine ...do some people just like to lose on time..

i wont crack the skull
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 May '14 12:32

I thought about suggesting an only b***ing football thread but it seems to get into every thread anyway.
    Is there no end to the b***y game?
    It's nearly summer for chrissaake
    Am I the only person on the site who doesn't give 2 *****about football?
  11. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    24 May '14 12:58
    Originally posted by venda
    I thought about suggesting an only b***ing football thread but it seems to get into every thread anyway.
    Is there no end to the b***y game?
    It's nearly summer for chrissaake
    Am I the only person on the site who doesn't give 2 *****about football?
    Rotherham going to Wembley for promotion this sunday mate!

I'm sure you knew all about it already 😀
  12. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    24 May '14 13:12
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

And the mighty Tranmere Rovers will rise again next season. And good luck to Ronnie Moore in whatever he does in the future. I would,nt bet against him being a success at another club.
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 May '14 13:24
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

Aye.
    Half the bloody town is going
    I'm goin' burgling!!
    I hope they win for the sake of my missis.
    I don't go on thr threads that often but it seems every time I do there's something on there about football and it gets on my wick sometimes.
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 May '14 13:26
    Originally posted by steve45
    And the mighty Tranmere Rovers will rise again next season. And good luck to Ronnie Moore in whatever he does in the future. I would,nt bet against him being a success at another club.
    I should be careful about mentioning the word "bet" in the same sentence as Ronnie Moore.
  15. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    24 May '14 14:07
    Originally posted by venda
    I should be careful about mentioning the word "bet" in the same sentence as Ronnie Moore.
    True true Dave

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree