1. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 17:53
    Meh, I know some of the players he has played, he scalped Trevor Magnus who is an NM and a good player. Probably he is a weak NM but he really should play a couple more tournaments and get some of his uscf norms before claiming the title... gives the wrong first impression.
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 13:33
    Thanks Alex,really enjoyed it.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 01:00
    Hey guys!

Sorry about the confusion of my "title". I don't actually have a NM title in USCF. I'm just saying this because I feel that I play at that strength right now. My last tournament was a few months ago and I have been studying hard since then. If i have offended anyone, I'm really sorry 🙁

I have some new videos out. The main one consisting of my analysis of an OTB game I played in a local USCF tournament. You can find it here: YouTube

I have a blitz commentary against GM Arik Braun(2568 FIDE) and that shall be up soon! If you haven't, please subscribe, and let me know how I should improve!

Thanks again!
    Alex Ding
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 01:01
    Oh and I'm not really playing chess games on red hot pawn. I didn't even know some of you have challenged me. Sorry about that!
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 23:20
    Hey guys!

My live blitz game vs one of Germany's top chess players, Grandmaster Arik Bruan (FIDE 2568) is up on my channel! You can find it here:

YouTube&context=C4738bd4ADvjVQa1PpcFNHuQ2DHiZeMrSXMH1lj43xfsL8QNx6V-o=
  6. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 00:02
    Originally posted by AlexDing
    Hey guys!

My live blitz game vs one of Germany's top chess players, Grandmaster Arik Bruan (FIDE 2568) is up on my channel! You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXoY-tpzQ4I&context=C4738bd4ADvjVQa1PpcFNHuQ2DHiZeMrSXMH1lj43xfsL8QNx6V-o=
    NO WAY was you playing a GM. Not after Qxd5. Unless he was very drunk or playing an odds game.

I've never played that variation for either colour and it's not a move that I would have considered playing and I'm far from being an FM let alone a GM
  7. e4
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 01:12
    Hi Kingshill

Can you post the game or the position.

I don't want to go there incase I have a rabib rant and
    I'm trying to tone down my posts.
  8. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 03:19
    I was actually hoping for a rabib GP rant 😀
  9. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 03:26
    Originally posted by AlexDing
    I have already defeated multiple masters with a "win" against a grandmaster OTB.
    Just out of curiosity, why was the word "win" in quotes?

Was it a forfeit win? lol

I have two draws against GMs in simuls last year, maybe I can add those together to make a "win" 🙂

And yeah, agreeing with others, probably shouldn't refer to yourself as a Master unless you have the piece of paper from USCF or FIDE that is official. Being a provisionally rated Expert makes you better than 99% of the players here anyway 🙂
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 03:277 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Kingshill

Can you post the game or the position.

I don't want to go there incase I have a rabib rant and
    I'm trying to tone down my posts.
    Below is the first few moves of the game you ask kingshill to post. Black 4 . . . Qxd5 which kingshill apparently found offensive is the second variation in the 365chess.com games database. I would not say it is an obscure move. Alex is white, and his GM opponent is black.

In the games database, 4 . . . Nf6 was the top choice with 953 games, and 4 . . . Qxd5 was the second choice with 184 games. There were several black players 2000-2100+ who played 4 . . . Qxd5.

11. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 06:481 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Below is the first few moves of the game you ask kingshill to post. Black 4 . . . Qxd5 which kingshill apparently found offensive is the second variation in the 365chess.com games database. I would not say it is an obscure move. Alex is white, and his GM opponent is black.

In the games database, 4 . . . Nf6 was the top choice with 953 games, and 4 . . ...[text shortened]... ayed 4 . . . Qxd5.

[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 d5 4. exd5 Qxd5 5. Nc3 Qe6+ 6. Be2 *[/pgn]
    In Megabase 2012 there where both players are over 2000 the position prior to Qxd5 has been reached 828 times. Black has only chosen Qxd5 45 times.

Therefore, not the first move that come to mind but if this was from a simul event then it's obviously possible for a GM to be playing it.
  12. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 11:54
    Originally posted by moon1969

In the games database, 4 . . . Nf6 was the top choice with 953 games, and 4 . . ...[text shortened]... ayed 4 . . . Qxd5.

[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 d5 4. exd5 Qxd5 5. Nc3 Qe6+ 6. Be2 *[/pgn]
    Several 2000-2100+ players do not make a GM. Intuition alone would reject this move.

When I get home tonight from work I'll look to see the highest player who has played Qxd5. I Doubt if many stong players have played it
  13. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 12:58
    people who played Qxd5 according to my version of mega database 2011 - Wang Hao 2624, Munoz Pantoja 2480, Zhukova 2425, Kanarek 2406, then it drops off Dezan 2280, 2255,2226, 2223, 2201, 2200.....
  14. e4
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 13:141 edit
    I was expecting a tactical or massive positional blunder.
    Good players (especially in blitz or skittles with nothing at stake) often
    choose double-edge alternatives in the opening to throw a weaker opponent
    and shut down their memories.

In this case Bruan may either be doing that or it may even be a pet blitz line
    that has scored well for him in blitz.
    (You often see a note after an opening move suggesting as an alternative
    'A good blitz line is...etc etc.'😉.

Arik Bruan's main OTB rep v 1.e4 is the Caro, the French or the Sicilian.
    Not 1...e5

So in blitz he possibly experiments.
    "I wonder what happens if I play this. It looks interesting. "
    These GM guys are not all serious poe-faced glums. A lot simply love playing
    chess and blitz chess is fun. Getting a win v GM at blitz is OK but it's not the
    same as a serious 'money on the table 'encounter. (sorry Alex).

Or as Kingshill said. He was drunk. 🙂

Alex change your name by deed to Grand Master. Then no one can argue with you.

"I was actually hoping for a rabib GP rant."

Apparently other people are scared of posting in case I say something
    that disagrees with them. (they want a P.C. forum.)
    so I am cutting down posting and no ranting.
  15. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 19:03
    keep posting gp.

rant away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree