wanna criticize my pirc play?

wanna criticize my pirc play?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
High Priest

The Volcano

Moves
16 Sep 08

This is the first game I ever tried with the pirc... as you can see, I got in trouble early, and only pulled it out when my opponent gave up a bishop, and even then, it took some fancy endgame maneuvering (I'm quite proud of the passive bishop sac offer on move 41) to win

Game 5402375

I realize that I have no idea what black's plan is in the pirc or anything... could anyone enlighten me?

E

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by paultopia
This is the first game I ever tried with the pirc... as you can see, I got in trouble early, and only pulled it out when my opponent gave up a bishop, and even then, it took some fancy endgame maneuvering (I'm quite proud of the passive bishop sac offer on move 41) to win

Game 5402375

I realize that I have no idea what black's plan is in the pirc or anything... could anyone enlighten me?
what's pirc, you mean "prick"?

s

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by EmLasker
what's pirc, you mean "prick"?
We're a classy bunch here at RHP....

HM

São Paulo, Brazil

Moves
17 Sep 08

You should've played 6. ... 0-0, since it would allow the thematic 7. ... e5 in response to 7. ... d5. As you could notice from your game, 7. ... Ne5 leaves black with a rather ugly position.

p
High Priest

The Volcano

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Heroic Metool
You should've played 6. ... 0-0, since it would allow the thematic 7. ... e5 in response to 7. ... d5. As you could notice from your game, 7. ... Ne5 leaves black with a rather ugly position.
Oh, slick -- thanks, I hadn't thought of that move at all.

C
Pawn Grubber

a2-g8 diagonal

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Heroic Metool
Another thought is 5. ... Nbd7 rather than Nc6. Playing c5 or c6 to contest the center is an important idea in the Pirc. The knight then supports either ... c5 or ...e5.