Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member drewfair
    Drew Fair
    13 Aug '07 13:20
    why are we at war when we we play the same game.
  2. 13 Aug '07 15:26
    Originally posted by drewfair
    why are we at war when we we play the same game.
    WAR! Uh-huh, oh yeah-yuh,

    What is it good for?

    Absolutely nuthin', say it again!
  3. 13 Aug '07 15:34
    Originally posted by drewfair
    why are we at war when we we play the same game.
    Because it's a war game.

    War is war, loser.
  4. 13 Aug '07 15:34
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    WAR! Uh-huh, oh yeah-yuh,

    What is it good for?

    Absolutely nuthin', say it again!
    Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

    --
  5. Standard member 8D
    Fixer
    13 Aug '07 15:38
    We humans love to war and kill. It is the one thing we have done throughout time.

    We are starting to get good at it also.

    We are killing each other over a disagreement about our imaginary gods. LOL it is so crazy it is hard to fathom.
  6. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    13 Aug '07 15:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by 8D
    We humans love to war and kill. It is the one thing we have done throughout time.

    We are starting to get good at it also.

    We are killing each other over a disagreement about our imaginary gods. LOL it is so crazy it is hard to fathom.
    I bet they will be disappointed when they find they are not in paradise.
  7. 13 Aug '07 18:19
    chess is very humane because it does not involve killing, only capturing. Maybe you could play a game of chess where when you capture a piece you get to keep it and then if you lose a game and all your pieces you need to buy a new set... yeah... and if you win, you keep your opponents set. It would be kinda like gambling!
  8. Standard member 8D
    Fixer
    13 Aug '07 19:03
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    chess is very humane because it does not involve killing, only capturing. Maybe you could play a game of chess where when you capture a piece you get to keep it and then if you lose a game and all your pieces you need to buy a new set... yeah... and if you win, you keep your opponents set. It would be kinda like gambling!
    I like that.

    Talk about stalling...............
  9. 13 Aug '07 19:55
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I bet they will be disappointed when they find they are not in paradise.
    Why not settling all conflicts with a good game of chess? Let Bush and Saddam fight at the 64 squares rather from their respective capital cities? Then there wouldn't be any blood shed at all with transporting black body bags over the Atlantic in either direction.

    Or why not letting Jehova and Allah play the game instead? Sounds somewhat like a Ingemar Bergman movie...
  10. 13 Aug '07 20:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why not settling all conflicts with a good game of chess? Let Bush and Saddam fight at the 64 squares rather from their respective capital cities? Then there wouldn't be any blood shed at all with transporting black body bags over the Atlantic in either direction.

    Or why not letting Jehova and Allah play the game instead? Sounds somewhat like a Ingemar Bergman movie...
    We already had Bush vs Kerry: http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2001
    And God vs the Devil: http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2833
  11. 13 Aug '07 20:53
    The low rider is a little higher
    Low rider drives a little slower
    Low rider is a real goer
    Low rider knows every street yeah!
    Low rider is the one to meet yeah!
    Low rider don't use no gas now
    Low rider don't drive to fast
    Take a little trip
    Take a little trip
    Take a little trip and see
    Take a little trip
    Take a little trip
    Take a little trip with me

    YouTube