1. Jerusalem
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 09:37
    in this game Game 2838149 my opponent "stoped" to play after 25 moves . This guy online during 8 hours every day, but in our game, in lost position, he moves once in 2-3 days. I sent him 4 msges, but he didn't answer. Btw i saw that in his other game Game 2504441 he also behaves like a child.
    So what can I do? 😠 🙁
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 09:43
    Originally posted by elady
    in this game Game 2838149 my opponent "stoped" to play after 25 moves . This guy online during 8 hours every day, but in our game, in lost position, he moves once in 2-3 days. I sent him 4 msges, but he didn't answer. Btw i saw that in his other game Game 2504441 he also behaves like a child.
    So what can I do? 😠 🙁
    Why not just time him out when the skull appears?
  3. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 09:55
    it's his right to use his time as he see's fit. Personally i resign lost games and move on but some people are stubborn. Just relax and wait.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:011 edit
    So what can I do? 😠 🙁
    Its very annoying but some people do that. At least you only have a few days before you can claim a win on time so be thankful you haven't a 28 day timebank.

I had the same happen OTB on Tuesday against a 2025 player. I won a Queen and a Rook but he didn't resign then I won a Knight then a Pawn then a Bishop still he would not resign. Eventually when it was mate in 1 he just sat there and let his time run out. I refused to claim the win on time and said he can move or resign or wait all night. He resigned after 20 minutes (this was a 30 minute Quickplay game). I will get the game posted on www.farehamchess.org.uk in the next few days.

Some people just won't resign, somehow feeling a loss on time is not a real loss.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:091 edit
    So what can I do? 😠 🙁
    This may be my fault, as I made sport of him for no good reason. Maybe I make him evil, and act like child. Shall we finish him off now?
  6. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:12
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Its very annoying but some people do that. At least you only have a few days before you can claim a win on time so be thankful you haven't a 28 day timebank.

I had the same happen OTB on Tuesday against a 2025 player. I won a Queen and a Rook but he didn't resign then I won a Knight then a Pawn then a Bishop still he would not resign. Eventually when ...[text shortened]... ew days.

Some people just won't resign, somehow feeling a loss on time is not a real loss.
    now "That" - would completely crack me up!!!
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:16
    I dnt have a patner
  8. Jerusalem
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why not just time him out when the skull appears?
    Because he makes move once in 2.5 days. btw he is active now
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:23
    Maybe he just got a little wiser?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:29
    But you agreed of a three days a move game when you started, didn't you? And he moves within the limits? So what's the problem?

Is the problem that he doesn't give up because you want him to?
    Is the problem that he uses the alotted time you agreed upon?

Actually I don't see the problem...
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But you agreed of a three days a move game when you started, didn't you? And he moves within the limits? So what's the problem?

Is the problem that he doesn't give up because you want him to?
    Is the problem that he uses the alotted time you agreed upon?

Actually I don't see the problem...
    He may be thinking he could save the game and trying to find a way.

I take longer when a position gets more difficult which often means I am losing. Its just that with stronger players it differences are smaller. A weaker player may not realise there is a forced mate in 5 or that he can not get back from a queen down until much later in the game.

I agree that he is at liberty to use his 3 days a move which he has not done yet so there really is no issue here. Perhaps he will look at it, decide it is lost and resign or perhaps he will find some salvation or a win that has not been seen by his opponent.

You should not be harassing him to move before agreed time limits.
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 10:44
    Unfortunately some people do resort to this tactic when they have a lost game. I have no problem with people taking all their time if the position is tricky or if they are a pawn or two down and are trying to find a way back into the game, but I've played a couple of games where it's clear that my opponent is just acting like an ar$ehole.

The latest person who did this against me was ItsYouThatIAdore, and I've added him to the small list of people that I will not play again on this site.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 11:12
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    He may be thinking he could save the game and trying to find a way.

I take longer when a position gets more difficult which often means I am losing. Its just that with stronger players it differences are smaller. A weaker player may not realise there is a forced mate in 5 or that he can not get back from a queen down until much later in the game.

I ...[text shortened]... been seen by his opponent.

You should not be harassing him to move before agreed time limits.
    Her (?) opponent is more active than I am. (This month he has done 500 moves, me only 150 moves.) If he is slow, then I am slower. But I ams always within the aggreed timeframe.

When I choose between all the games I have, I have ceretain criteria what games I play first and what games I play last.
    (1) Easy moves first.
    (2) Fun games then.
    (3) Games where my opponent is online.

But I take my time when the position is tricky. Perhaps I have to take a good nights sleep first. I often put the position on a board and give it a glance now and then. This may take time. But always within time limits.

But when someone is trying to persuade me to give up or trying to make me move faster or other behaviour I don't like - then I may, sometimes but not always, drag the moves. I never read reminders created byclicking the reminder icon, i don't care, I never read them.

I let people take their time (until the skull shows, then I click it), I always let them give their games when they (not I) think that they are without chance of winning. If they think it's a training for them to play the game out, and losing with a mate, I don't complain. If they think I'll lose a superior game with a fatal blunder, it's their right (sometimes I actually do).

I never whine about the games themselves but sometimes I whine due to the opponents bad behaviour.
  14. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 11:24
    People tend to think longer when they have bad positions...

And actually, I am not sure that losing a game later rather than now even helps your rating. I have not looked into it, but I got the impression that the rating change is based on your current rating rather than the rating you and your opponents had when you started the game. If that is true, would you happen to win a few games before your loss, you should lose more rating points than if you lose first and win later.

Third, playing with a long timebank and short move interval (once a day + 14 days timebank), your opponent can never really keep it up for long. It is much worse if you play 14 days interval with a small timebank. I would not play with too much of anything though, if you are not a subscriber.
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 11:37
    Originally posted by Golub
    People tend to think longer when they have bad positions...

And actually, I am not sure that losing a game later rather than now even helps your rating. I have not looked into it, but I got the impression that the rating change is based on your current rating rather than the rating you and your opponents had when you started the game. If that is true, would ...[text shortened]... small timebank. I would not play with too much of anything though, if you are not a subscriber.
    I guess thats the issue really. As a non subscriber you want to play so the solution is simple, subscribe and get over burdened with games then an opponent taking 3 days to move won't matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree