This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 12:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I do this sometimes but not excessively so trying to resign lost games at the same rate that I am winning them and, thereby, maintain a stable rating. I won't drag them on indefinately as then I would store up loads of lost games for a sudden dramatic rating drop.

Also if my opponents rating is low and I expect it to rise I will wait for this to happen.

However, in both cases I will PM him and tell him what I am doing and why and won't be ridiculous about the resignation.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 12:55
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    The latest person who did this against me was ItsYouThatIAdore, and I've added him to the small list of people that I will not play again on this site.
    same here, mate in two in one and a piece up in the second game where he dropped a rook in pretty crushing position and is playing on. but I don't mind, the first game will still be the best game I've played so far. I started waiting for the resignation a little over a month ago, but now I'm actually quite happy he has taken the time to make good moves so the final game will be 'complete'. two positional sacs and a third pseudo sac, and I think he actually did everything he could. it just wasn't enough. I took a week on the first sac and 10 days on the second to make absolutely sure there wasn't anything for him. I'm just itching to get the game into fritz to see if I missed anything. 🙂

waiting for it annoys me just as much as the next guy, but I think the problem is my lack of patience, not him using the time. we're on the web, and 'waiting' for a CC win doesn't really keep us from doing anything else (the DF story was completely different, what a weird guy! 😀 ). I'll gladly play him again.
  4. Jerusalem
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 09:51
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    it's his right to use his time as he see's fit. Personally i resign lost games and move on but some people are stubborn. Just relax and wait.
    I agree with you! But it's also his right not to use others time, to be fair and to respect another players of this site
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 10:26
    Originally posted by elady
    I agree with you! But it's also his right not to use others time, to be fair and to respect another players of this site
    Its only 3 days per move with no time bank.

If this is not fast enough for you only play 1/0 games and otherwise stop whinging.

You might think he is unreasonable (we might even agree) but he might actually be thinking. He is entitled to use his time and you don't have long to wait. I have many opponents who only move once a week.
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 00:05
    Check out this game for failure to resign or move OTB

http://www.farehamchess.org.uk/gameview.php?view=19
  7. Joined
    19 Oct '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 16:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why are you digging for old threads that were "done and dusted" 10 months before you joined?

Have you been here before?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree