what do you think of this?

what do you think of this?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
02 Jan 08
5 edits

Originally posted by tomtom232
I play the KG all the time (thanx to cmsMaster) and have gotten quite good at it. Maybe the only sac that was original was the exchange sac...the rest were all thematic in the KG.

I put a lot more effort into real time games than I do games here...I use to try here but corr. chess just isn't really my thing. Against certain opponents here like ih8sens I will put more effort in...but that is just because of rivalry.
yes, the moves I had in mind while telling "I was almost sad" were the exchange sac and the following Nc3, instead of going for the queen check right away, (which apparently loses because the black queen guards the 7th rank.) however with Nc3, the rook comes in to the game and can do all kinds of bad things. I'm pretty bad at these kind of inbetween moves. I'm too stubborn on just forcing lines or the "main line" I calculate first, and these days I'm trying to be more flexible and open minded while calculating.

Nc3 is really very accurate for a 30 min game.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by tomtom232
I play the KG all the time (thanx to cmsMaster) and have gotten quite good at it. Maybe the only sac that was original was the exchange sac...the rest were all thematic in the KG.

I put a lot more effort into real time games than I do games here...I use to try here but corr. chess just isn't really my thing. Against certain opponents here like ih8sens I will put more effort in...but that is just because of rivalry.
The standard of play in the game quoted here was, in my opinion, way in excess of 1500 tactically so if you can translate that into improvements elsewhere you will soon be knocking on the door of 1800.

t

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
The standard of play in the game quoted here was, in my opinion, way in excess of 1500 tactically so if you can translate that into improvements elsewhere you will soon be knocking on the door of 1800.
Well thanx! 🙂 Maybe if they make the real time chess here rated...but a separate rating from cc...then I will make it to 1800..or maybe my interest in corr. chess will be rekindled and I will be able to hit 1800. I don't know though..I think that my strength is about 1700-50 tops

t

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by diskamyl
yes, the moves I had in mind while telling "I was almost sad" were the exchange sac and the following Nc3, instead of going for the queen check right away, (which apparently loses because the black queen guards the 7th rank.) however with Nc3, the rook comes in to the game and can do all kinds of bad things. I'm pretty bad at these kind of inbetween moves. ...[text shortened]... ble and open minded while calculating.

Nc3 is really very accurate for a 30 min game.
well...I saw a possible pin on the queen so I played it...but I do the same thing too. You will notice that I played Rd1 a little early should have played Qg7+ first to get rid of that bishop...but he let me off by not taking the rook later. I would would have won anyway but 26.Rd1 still wasn't the most accurate move.

g

Moves
03 Jan 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
As white or as black?
I do not ever remember playing it as White. I do not care to play against it.

t

Moves
03 Jan 08

Does anyone else have thoughts about the game? Just the moves?

C

Moves
04 Jan 08

I was surprised by black's greed on 13...Qxd4, especially since 13. Kh1 indicated that you saw it and decided against defense of the pawn.

Overall a nice attacking game though. Thanks for sharing.

t

Moves
06 Jan 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Chesswick
I was surprised by black's greed on 13...Qxd4, especially since 13. Kh1 indicated that you saw it and decided against defense of the pawn.

Overall a nice attacking game though. Thanks for sharing.
it was a 30min game...so he probably wanted me to prove that my decision was correct.