Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Jul '06 21:40 / 3 edits
    FOUR MOVE MATES: 1. heres a good one after a four move mate, "i havent played in a long time." just cuz you havent played doesnt mean youll get mated in four.
    2. when somebody is a newb at chess and theyre say "i know somebody who checkmated me in four moves, hes good. lol

    3.http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=2241647
    (playing like a newb.) lol
  2. 27 Jul '06 21:51
    When people are losing in a tournament with huge time controls, and stall until their time runs out. (Which could be a few hours)
  3. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    27 Jul '06 21:52
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    FOUR MOVE MATES: 1. heres a good one after a four move mate, "i havent played in a long time." just cuz you havent played doesnt mean youll get mated in four.
    2. when somebody is a newb at chess and theyre say "i know somebody who checkmated me in four moves, hes good. lol

    3.http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=2241647
    (playing like a newb.) lol
    That's not annoying, that's free entertainment. I love it when some n00b tries to impress everyone with his knowledge of the 'four-move checkmate'.
  4. 27 Jul '06 21:56
    When people make excuses for their lose. I was drunk, etc... I have no pity for that. Smoking kills you, and drinking also has it's effects which people don't admit. Live with it.
  5. 27 Jul '06 22:28
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's not annoying, that's free entertainment. I love it when some n00b tries to impress everyone with his knowledge of the 'four-move checkmate'.
    or when a newb thinks he has discovered an opening lol
  6. 27 Jul '06 22:36
    1...e6
  7. 27 Jul '06 22:36
    (On this site) Playing a game for weeks or months, making precise moves, really going for the best options...then coming home from the pub after 8 pints, and decide to make a few moves in that game for a bit of fun.
    knowing that the person i've been beaten by has just had 8 pints, when i've not...
  8. 27 Jul '06 22:46
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    [b]what is annoying to you in chess?
    (On this site) Playing a game for weeks or months, making precise moves, really going for the best options...then coming home from the pub after 8 pints, and decide to make a few moves in that game for a bit of fun.
    (Then realise that the game just turned into a loss, the next morning )[/b]
    I know that one! =)
  9. 27 Jul '06 22:47
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    1...e6
    Gotta love 1..e6 =)
  10. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    27 Jul '06 23:34
    lag on FICS
  11. Standard member UmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    27 Jul '06 23:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Golub
    Gotta love 1..e6 =)
    And since that is so good, 1.e6 must be good too.
    Stupid openings that don't give an immediate loss annoy me, because players will insist that since they didn't lose for 30 moves, their opening had nothing to do with their loss, even if they were at a disadvantage from move 1.
  12. 27 Jul '06 23:42
    all this newb talk, im not much better than a newb lol, im 1300 at uchess. d'oh
  13. 27 Jul '06 23:55
    I hate losing, and the only thing worse than losing [chesswise] is losing badly.
  14. 28 Jul '06 00:01
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    I hate losing, and the only thing worse than losing [chesswise] is losing badly.
    i like to play pretty long games even on blitz sites, i play with 25 mins and i hate when people rush me and when they do i take a bathroom break or feed the dog and come back etc. lol
  15. 28 Jul '06 02:42
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    ARe you talking to me ???
    I don't make any excuses to any of my opponents when I lose, thanks.
    Of course! Hehe It wasn't directed at you but does include you.

    I feel cheated when people do that. They play a great game and then do something dumb like that and lose and the win just isn't as sweet. I don't like it.