1. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 00:021 edit
    Game 2202177
    This guy just challenged me out of the blue and is playing a game so bad it seems deliberate.

Is this like a scam to boost my rating so someone who is going to lose to me won't have as many points lost or something like that.

Any explanation I can think of seems really far-fetched and stupid, but I honestly can't believe anyone would play like this.
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 00:40
    He's just stupid.
    1. He can't spell Knicks
    2. He's a Knicks fan.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 01:18
    Indeed, Black played terribily, White has spun a clever trap -- let black thing he's got mate and then unleash a powerful counter attack with mate in 6.
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 02:081 edit
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    Indeed, Black played terribily, White has spun a clever trap -- let black thing he's got mate and then unleash a powerful counter attack with mate in 6.
    I thought you were being sarcastic until I saw the trap myself. Brilliant.
  5. Standard memberTippedKing
    Blunder Grandmaster
    Forked by a Knight
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 03:12
    Should have been over on move 13.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 03:32
    Originally posted by Akashic
    I thought you were being sarcastic until I saw the trap myself. Brilliant.
    Yes....its an amazing trap isn't it.

anyway, we shouldn't talk about current games, we should wait for blacks loss...then comment
  7. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 03:45
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Game 2202177
    This guy just challenged me out of the blue and is playing a game so bad it seems deliberate.

Is this like a scam to boost my rating so someone who is going to lose to me won't have as many points lost or something like that.

Any explanation I can think of seems really far-fetched and stupid, but I honestly can't believe anyone would play like this.
    looks like larry browns got plenty of free time now, and is trying to learn chess......😵😵😵
  8. Standard memberKrapsparov
    Don't baptise cats!!
    Manchester
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:17
    I think he may just be a little crazy
    This is another one of his games
    Invalid FEN inserted - 2202095
  9. Standard memberKrapsparov
    Don't baptise cats!!
    Manchester
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:17
    What happend then LOL
  10. Standard memberKrapsparov
    Don't baptise cats!!
    Manchester
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:18
    Game 2202095
    See if this works (new to this you see)
  11. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:22
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Game 2202177

I suggest that KNIXFAN is actually a complete beginner, probably knowing no more than the basic Laws of the Game, quite possibly playing his/her/it's (Notice how politically correct I am) first few games without any other knowledge or advice. KNIXFAX's other games show all the similar beginner's errors. Don't be too critical or sarcastic: after all we all had to start sometime.
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:26
    I'm just gonna say this: That is the reason I haven't challenged or accepted on this forum yet. I am just a beginner and am a horrible player and wouldn't want to get laughed off this site. I don't know if there are others out there, but if I were playing a game you would think I'm an idiot, not that I'm denying I am.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree