Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 14 Dec '07 20:55
    is the worrell system a good system???
  2. 14 Dec '07 21:04
    Originally posted by bonesplitter
    is the worrell system a good system???
    Worall I believe, its good enough for sergei tiviakov, so i think it is.
  3. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    14 Dec '07 21:05
    Originally posted by bonesplitter
    is the worrell system a good system???
    i have the andrew gheet book on it, its very nice
  4. 14 Dec '07 21:23
    I've never played it but considering the caliber of GM that has, it's probably quite sound.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruy_Lopez#Worrall_Attack
  5. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    14 Dec '07 21:26
    Originally posted by zebano
    I've never played it but considering the caliber of GM that has, it's probably quite sound.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruy_Lopez#Worrall_Attack
    the worrall system starts a move earlier, Qe2 instead of castling on move 5
  6. 15 Dec '07 01:06
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    the worrall system starts a move earlier, Qe2 instead of castling on move 5
    No it isn't. The Worrall system is 6.Qe2 after castling. It's perfectly OK for white but also nothing for black to lose sleep over.
  7. 15 Dec '07 03:11
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    No it isn't. The Worrall system is 6.Qe2 after castling. It's perfectly OK for white but also nothing for black to lose sleep over.
    So 5.Qe2 before castling could be called accelerated Worrall?
  8. 15 Dec '07 03:28
    Originally posted by Papyn Chase
    So 5.Qe2 before castling could be called accelerated Worrall?
    It could also be called the Pulgarin Gambit.
  9. Donation !~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    15 Dec '07 07:33
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    the worrall system starts a move earlier, Qe2 instead of castling on move 5
    The move order advocated by Greet most likely will transpose to the normal 6. Qe2 Worall, but I think he does this to avoid more systems as White, and to get into the Worall in more games.
  10. 15 Dec '07 19:57
    tony is right it avoids the marshall attack.
  11. 15 Dec '07 19:59
    Originally posted by bonesplitter
    tony is right it avoids the marshall attack.
    Well they both avoid the Marshall...but...whatever.
  12. Donation !~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    15 Dec '07 21:53
    Originally posted by bonesplitter
    tony is right it avoids the marshall attack.
    Cms is right, the actual point is that it avoids the Open Variation after 5..Nxe4!