What is up...

What is up...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
You know I will play 1. ... e5 in response to 1. e4 (I always do) but there is an alternative. 1. ... g5 (The black Grob) which I may shortly decide to experiment with.
I'll take up 1. e4 just to play against that!

s

Moves
14 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Diet Coke
Game 3016867

You sure showed this guy!😉
Yeah, I know. I knew this would happen. 😳

Obviously I suck, but I would like to get better. The problem is all books tell you about correct openings, and tactics and all this, but they never really show idiots like me what to do whenyour opponent does something totally random.

I guess the question is -

What should I be trying to learn to fix this problem?

s

Moves
14 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessJester
Here are some games from my archives where I trapped the opponents queen or where they brought out the queen to early, maybe you can learn from them.

Game 2673474

This game shows how you can bring your queen out safely, the queenside knight has beed traded off so the d4 square becomes safer for the queen to occupy. If the queenside knight was ...[text shortened]... ws how I used my queen effectively, it was way more active then my opponents: Game 2503510
Thanks. I've printed out the pgn's for playthrough on a board at home. How uncool of me not to have a database or something. 😀