What is your best chess site?

What is your best chess site?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
10 Dec 07

my best chess site is www.chesscube.com
to me it has so far the best web-based interface which makes it so much easier to play.
i enjoy playing there. and the site populates real fast so for me i would rate it number 1

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Dec 07

Originally posted by aziz
to me it has so far the best web-based interface which makes it so much easier to play.
i enjoy playing there. and the site populates real fast so for me i would rate it number 1
There you go, advertising your web site again.

a

Moves
10 Dec 07

lol its not my website? i just like it?

a

Moves
10 Dec 07

and i want to know what other people has to say about the chess sites they love so that i can check it out

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Dec 07
1 edit

lol its not my website? i just like it?
You seem to be the moderator in it.

and as you have never played here how can you compare things?

a

Moves
10 Dec 07

yes but only a honerary moderator cos im so much there on

London

Moves
10 Dec 07
1 edit

So if enough of us log on to chesscube and complain about your spamming do you think it might stop.

EDIT: Done it -

Re: Spamming to promote chesscube

Your member aziz is spamming in the forums on redhotpawn. Whilst I think an honest bit of info about chessbase within RHP forums is a good idea but posing as a genuine poster asking "whats your favourite website" etc (as aziz is doing)...is just annoying and likely to discredit your site. Any chance you could have a word

S

Moves
10 Dec 07

A new user called Andrew Martin has joined.
I wonder...

London

Moves
10 Dec 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
A new user called Andrew Martin has joined.
I wonder...
Andrew Martin IM has been involved with the site which is either run by or at least connected to the English Chess Federation as far as I can tell (and Andrew Martin heads the junior coaching section of the ECF)....they've been testing it for a few months now. It does show some promise especially if the lectures get going...and I hope they find a way to keep there spammers in check.

a

Moves
10 Dec 07

ok i would like to make an appology for spamming on your site. i will not do it again. sorry bout that.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
10 Dec 07

Do you have to register separately to post in your forums?

The reason I ask is per the forums

Our users have posted a total of 1,278 messages
We have 131 registered users
The newest registered user is andrew martin
There are 1 online users: 0 registered, 1 guest(s) [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 13 on 26/06/2007 22:11:20

and yet they say on the home page

With over 3000 user registrations in its first four months trial, ChessCube has built a bubbling community of regular players. This is your online chess community - so feel free to make comments on our online forums.

😕

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
10 Dec 07

that place sucks butt.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Dec 07

OK I had a quick look, played a blitz game and even managed to lose it after an unsound Bishop sacrifice. Oops.

To be far it has some merits but I won't be leaving here soon as it seems to be a blitz site at present.

My biggest problem was that when I selected a piece half the board "lit up" making it difficult to see what I was actually doing. I am sure they will recitify this and improve the site. Good luck to them as I am all for more "good" chess sites.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
10 Dec 07

all these "other" sites aren't as user friendly as rhp.

the layout in the other sites suck.

B

Moves
10 Dec 07

My best chess website?

www.redhotpawn.com

You should go there it's great 🙂