1. Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 22:52
    I have been playing better in the last 2 months than I have in my life, and I really feel it has been due to strong Knight play.

Got me to thinking that my Knight(s) have consistently been my strongest piece. I feel good about my play with all my pieces, but I dont feel that I am nearly as solid with any other piece as I am with Knights.

So I am curious to hear other's opinions on the piece they feel is their strongest?
  2. Joined
    01 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 23:02
    uhh for me its the queen. Ill play you a game my queen vs ur knight with kings. I bet i'd win.
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 23:50
    Originally posted by Turanthor
    I have been playing better in the last 2 months than I have in my life, and I really feel it has been due to strong Knight play.

Got me to thinking that my Knight(s) have consistently been my strongest piece. I feel good about my play with all my pieces, but I dont feel that I am nearly as solid with any other piece as I am with Knights.

So I am curious to hear other's opinions on the piece they feel is their strongest?
    I kinda like bishops, I tend to reach a lot more open than closed games so that may account for my slight preference for them.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 03:59
    yea...I too have found my Queen to consistently be my strongest piece...
  5. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 04:03
    I think what he ment was, what piece usually helps you obtain a lead in material
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 04:08
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    I think what he ment was, what piece usually helps you obtain a lead in material
    oh, so it's... "what piece makes my opponent hang material more"

well I can't really answer that, I can't explain my opponents' stupidity half the time

though i did recently win a game based off a Knight on e6
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 04:30
    Yes I suppose that was a bit vague.

I know that a Queen is the strongest piece and given the choice we would all wish to destroy our opponents with her might.

However, while I feel I have good Queen play and it has won me plenty of games, I know that I could improve a lot more with my Queen play as opposed to my Knights.

Not that I dont still need considerable imrpovement in my Knight play, I do.

But on the whole, I feel my Knight play is the most advanced element of my Chess.

that is what I was trying to get at.
  8. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 04:39
    Originally posted by Turanthor
    Yes I suppose that was a bit vague.

I know that a Queen is the strongest piece and given the choice we would all wish to destroy our opponents with her might.

However, while I feel I have good Queen play and it has won me plenty of games, I know that I could improve a lot more with my Queen play as opposed to my Knights.

Not that I dont still n ...[text shortened]... y Knight play is the most advanced element of my Chess.

that is what I was trying to get at.
    What is your favorite opening as white and black?
  9. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 19:33
    My favorite piece is the one that checkmates! 🙂
  10. Ghent, Belgium
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 19:40
    my best pieces are the combination knight(s)-queen, to checkmate, you do check with your knight and you prevent the king moving.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:01
    My best piece is the king, the royal majesty, itself.
    Without it I'd be lost.
  12. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:06
    King's bishop(both colors)
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:08
    I would probably also have to say my knights are my strongest piece. Although I'm relatively weak anyway.
  14. over there
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:14
    The pawns are my strongest piece.
  15. Canukistan
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 21:22
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    My favorite piece is the one that checkmates! 🙂
    I can't take issue with this sentiment. Personally though, I've always had a fondness for the one I sacrificed in order to force the checkmate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree