1. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:07
    I have found that they completly dont know how to use their queen. They bring her out way too early, capitalizing on this mistake is so easy its not even funny. All I have to do is keep attacking her and this puts me way ahead in development. You should realize that the queen is:

THE WEAKEST PIECE ON THE BOARD! She is easily bullied by minor pieces.

Also, Ive found that alot of sub 1200 players use their pieces unwisely, camel clutch moved his knight three times before moving another piece. The rule of thumb in development is:

To not move a piece twice before youve moved other pieces once.

Get this through your head people.
  2. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:09
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    I have found that they completly dont know how to use their queen. They bring her out way too early, capitalizing on this mistake is so easy its not even funny. All I have to do is keep attacking her and this puts me way ahead in development. You should realize that the queen is:

THE WEAKEST PIECE ON THE BOARD! She is easily bullied by minor pie ...[text shortened]... t move a piece twice before youve moved other pieces once.

Judging by your rating here, I'd say that you're probably sub 1200 OTB.
  3. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:10
    Im 1475
  4. Belfast
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:11

THE WEAKEST PIECE ON THE BOARD! She is easily bullied by minor pie ...[text shortened]... t move a piece twice before youve moved other pieces once.

Thank you for englightening me.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:19
    Im 1475
    1475 OTB? We're not talking about your rating on this site.

Nevertheless, it's 1. Rude for you to talk like that to players with less experience than yourself, and 2. Unreasonable for someone less than 300 points higher to tell others that they're playing stupidly. Someone higher than you could tell you the same kinds of things, but they refrain from doing so.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:24
    My most common mistake is hanging peices. I usually leave the queen camped at home for quite a while before I move her. But then I hang her!!! DOH!
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:27

I agree with ark and the statement that the queen is the weakest piece of the board because it can be attacked is ridiculous.

Let's see how good you are when you will have played some more games on the site and not only against 1100 and 1200s.
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 17:55
    There seems to be at least 1 opening for black in which the queen is used very early. And I know a couple of games in which an early queen really messed up my defenses.
    For newbies like me, an early queen can be quite dangerous.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 18:031 edit
    You should realize that the queen is:

THE WEAKEST PIECE ON THE BOARD! She is easily bullied by minor pieces.
    Wow. That statement pretty much killed your credibility as a chess teacher.
  10. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 18:11
    Dropping pieces is the mistake which usually sinks the ship.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 18:22
    Originally posted by zebano
    Dropping pieces is the mistake which usually sinks the ship.
    Yep. I agree. 1200- players drop stuff like crazy.
  12. Under Cover
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 18:29
    camel clutch moved his knight three times before moving another piece
    I suppose you've never heard of Alekhine's Defense.

1. e4 Nf6
    2. e5 Nd5
    and if...
    3. c4 Nb6

That's alot of knight moves...and they're good moves.
  13. back in business
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 18:50
    okay okay. clearly some words of wisdom are needed here.

only some problems most 1200 subs have:

-unable to spot elementary tactics, in other words, hanging pieces and missing simple forks, pins, skewers, etc...

-playing kind of "hope-chess" ; setting elementary traps and making empty or clearly visible threats (in order to win game instantly) instead of making best moves. this is the reason why 1.e4 e5 2.Dh5 is still pretty popular in sub1200 level.

-breaking opening principles; moving too many pawns, moving queen too early, developing only few pieces, etc...

-unable to deal with pressure and unable to keep cool head when defending or attacking.
  14. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:30
    Originally posted by ark13
    1475 OTB? We're not talking about your rating on this site.

Nevertheless, it's 1. Rude for you to talk like that to players with less experience than yourself, and 2. Unreasonable for someone less than 300 points higher to tell others that they're playing stupidly. Someone higher than you could tell you the same kinds of things, but they refrain from doing so.
    Yeah, his rating is definitely not strong enough to be considered a 1200 player's mentor. HAHA Now, if he were say A-Class player rating or better, I'd say then start training 1200 players.
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:56
    They follow too many rules.

And they DO NOT PLAN!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree