1. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:05
    In this game ...HFRJPcheck... Game 5295217 has moved more than once a day up until now. At this point however he has stopped moving completely but he still moves frequently in all of the his other games. Obviously he wants to drag this out as long as possible beause he feels bitter about losing. I sent him several messages in both english and french asking him if he is contemplating about his move and when he intends to execute it but I get no reply back. With rhp settings this could take weeks even though it's mate in only a few moves. What can I do about this, any suggestions?
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:08
    TOS 3(b): or be assisted by a third party
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:10
    Not much,I'm afraid
  4. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:10
    I just got this back: "please increase your rating :o"

I told him that I don't think you lose any rating points against provisional players, at least that is not the case on most chess servers.

In any case his behaviour is very childish in my opinion.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:11
    Originally posted by GrebartsBocaj
    What can I do about this, any suggestions?
    Scream till your blue in the face?
    Or resign.
    One of the two.
  6. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:15
    I pick the first one and it seemed to help, he has made a move. I believe he saw this thread and could not bare the shame.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:17
    Actually he is entiteld to use the whole alotted time. And he hasn't even begun to use up his time bank.
    So no reason to name and shame!
  8. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:24
    Indeed that is the problem, good pointing it out again. But seriously what distorted person would do so in this case when it is clearly mate in 4= 12 days + timebank.

And now he seems to have stopped moving again...

If you read this HFRJPcheck: Please resign or make a legal move and go on with your life.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:33
    Indeed that is the problem, good pointing it out again. But seriously what distorted person would do so in this case when it is clearly mate in 4= 12 days + timebank.

And now he seems to have stopped moving again...

If you read this HFRJPcheck: Please resign or make a legal move and go on with your life.
    He stopped moving after 16 MINUTES???

Come on this is correspondence chess. So you are sure to have won. Okay, he is entitled to let you proove it.

And if would do that to me you could be sue that I would first let run down the timebank and then move after 2 days 23 hours and 58 minutes...
    It is by far unfriendly and bullying what you do.
  10. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:45
    Are you for real? Just to inform you, he clearly knows it is mate since he gave his queen with check and I only started this thread after he did not bother to answer my messages. It has been over a week now and I started this thread in the hope of finding a way out of this but clearly there is none. Unless my opponent (we shall not name any names) stops acting like a child.
  11. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:48
    Get an account so you can have as many games as you want. There are no obilgations for your opponent to move sooner than his time controls dictate. If your opponent plays within the rules of the game, what can you do?

Your situation has happened to me before. Even as a subscriber, I found it annoying as I'm rather impatient myself. However, the secret to peace is accepting the situation that you are in.
  12. Joined
    13 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:532 edits
    Let me tell you, I am more peaceful than buddah or ghandi together. Instead I propose an entry system at rhp (in the spirit of anti-terrorism) that prevents distorted people like this to become members in the first place.
  13. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 17:02
    This is correspondence chess. If you want a faster game set a 1 day -0 bank time control. He is playing within the time controls, within the rules.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 17:17

In any case his behaviour is very childish in my opinion.
    Starting this thread is childish. Taking time to consider moves is not.
  15. Scotton Lincolnshire
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 17:20
    Play blitz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree