Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    07 Aug '07 18:52
    i've seen this a couple of times and the first time i was caught off guard.....the second time i got a cramped position as black.

    The moves are 1.e4....e5 2.Qh5.....

    i played 2...Nc6 and he played 3.Bc4....

    anyone know a line that i can play as black to let white know he shoulda left his king at home?
  2. 07 Aug '07 18:53
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    i've seen this a couple of times and the first time i was caught off guard.....the second time i got a cramped position as black.

    The moves are 1.e4....e5 2.Qh5.....

    i played 2...Nc6 and he played 3.Bc4....

    anyone know a line that i can play as black to let white know he shoulda left his king at home?
    you could always play Qf6 and Bc5 and see how he likes it..
  3. 07 Aug '07 18:54
    1.e4 e5 2.Qh5? Nc6 3.Bc4 g6 4.Qf3 Nf6 and black is better.
  4. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    07 Aug '07 18:55
    4.Nf3 now what?......d6?
  5. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    07 Aug '07 18:57
    Thank you....looks good for me.....1.e4....e5 2.Qh5....Nc6 3.Bc4.....g6!
  6. 07 Aug '07 19:04
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    4.Nf3 now what?......d6?
    Just play 1...d6 okay?
  7. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    07 Aug '07 19:09
    lol i like e5
  8. 07 Aug '07 19:32
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    Thank you....looks good for me.....1.e4....e5 2.Qh5....Nc6 3.Bc4.....g6!
    I used to get this $hit on blitz & you end up playing 2...Nc6, 3...g6, 4...Nf6 with a later ...Bg7 & ...0-0 behind the fianchetto.
    Basically white loses the move & gives black a very pleasant, solid opening something like this:

    white to move
  9. Standard member dsmfire
    happy
    08 Aug '07 21:54
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    4.Nf3 now what?......d6?
    This might very well be a game in progress. Game 3890289.
    1. If so, why do you ask for help from other players during a game in progress? Read the site-rules.
    2. Why do people comment games in progress?

    Regards,
  10. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    08 Aug '07 22:14
    one...i'm a peice up...
    two...i asked for help after 1.e4...e5....2.Qh5......

    i didn't ask for help in the game we are playing.....

    if you want i will resign and give you the win.

    i was only asking for a line to "refute" the 2.Qh5.....
  11. 08 Aug '07 23:00
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    if you want i will resign and give you the win.
    You can't resign and give dsmfire the win.

    System says no
  12. 08 Aug '07 23:24
    Originally posted by dsmfire
    This might very well be a game in progress. Game 3890289.
    1. If so, why do you ask for help from other players during a game in progress? Read the site-rules.
    2. Why do people comment games in progress?

    Regards,
    If he asked advice for that game it's clear he didn't follow it

    I actually find this a bit troublesome.Let's say I have a scotch game going,then I can't ask advice about a previous scotch game?
  13. 08 Aug '07 23:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ouwe belg
    If he asked advice for that game it's clear he didn't follow it

    I actually find this a bit troublesome.Let's say I have a scotch game going,then I can't ask advice about a previous scotch game?
    I don't see why you couldn't ask about previous moves in a line.
    You cannot ask for help in a present or potential future position in a G.I.P though, even if you also played the same line before in a completed game.
    That is outside assistance.
  14. 08 Aug '07 23:44
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I don't see why you couldn't ask about previous moves in a line.
    You cannot ask for help in a present or potential future position in a G.I.P though, even if you also played the same line before in a completed game.
    That is outside assistance.
    Yes,I would agree with you.It's only normal,imo.
    But the starter of this thread got an angry post for doing so,hence I was wondering what the common policy here is.
  15. 10 Aug '07 01:14
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I used to get this $hit on blitz & you end up playing 2...Nc6, 3...g6, 4...Nf6 with a later ...Bg7 & ...0-0 behind the fianchetto.
    Basically white loses the move & gives black a very pleasant, solid opening something like this:

    white to move
    [fen]r1bq1rk1/pppp1pbp/2n2np1/4p3/2B1P3/2N2Q2/PPPPNPPP/R1B1K2R w KQ - 0 7[/fen]
    Why fianchetto? It limits the activity of the bishop due to the pawn on e5