1. Standard memberISK
    God Emperor
    Fraggle Rock
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:59
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I've got some experience with this line.

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. f4

The most common response is 5. ... 0-0 (it's what I play when facing it). The position Exy gave was after 5. ... c5.

Like so:
    Game 1431447
    I have just been playing around with that example game you gave Xanthos and I wonderd why your oppent resigned rather than played on, I have replayed the game vrs the computer a few times and gotten to a draw by insuficent material every time. Maybee I am missing somthing.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:22
    Originally posted by ISK
    I have just been playing around with that example game you gave Xanthos and I wonderd why your oppent resigned rather than played on, I have replayed the game vrs the computer a few times and gotten to a draw by insuficent material every time. Maybee I am missing somthing.
    Computers aren't very good at playing endgames like the one in that game although it does seem to be a game I wouldn't look forward to attempting to convert. Perhaps Nyxie should have played on.
  3. Standard memberISK
    God Emperor
    Fraggle Rock
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:36
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Computers aren't very good at playing endgames like the one in that game although it does seem to be a game I wouldn't look forward to attempting to convert. Perhaps Nyxie should have played on.
    A very valid point on the end game, I find my engine will fall into the 3 repetitions trap that should not happen with its supposed 2933 rating, machines huh just no good at creativity, thank god 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree