1. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 23:18
    I've always been good with openings out of memorization but I have trouble once I get into the mid-game and I don't know how to approach it...what goes through YOUR mind during the midgame?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 23:20
    Basically I'm just thinking "what can I sacrifice and where?" 😉😛
  3. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 23:21
    Originally posted by Gorgar
    Basically I'm just thinking "what can I sacrifice and where?" 😉😛
    Nice, sacrifices make for a hell of a great game!
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 23:43
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    I've always been good with openings out of memorization but I have trouble once I get into the mid-game and I don't know how to approach it...what goes through YOUR mind during the midgame?
    Wheres the damn lesbians.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 00:11
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    eat pawns.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 01:07
    What are my plans? In the middlegame, you must have plans. Are you going to use pawn levers to gain space or destroy structure? Where? Are you going to shift pieces to attack on one side of the board? Can you find ideal placement for your pieces that aid in these plans?

If the center is inactive (closed or neither side wants to change it), then a plan on one side of the board or the other is essential. If not, then basic opening principles can apply to the middlegame such as: control the center, gain space, activate pieces, etc.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 01:12
    Originally posted by ark13
    What are my plans? In the middlegame, you must have plans. Are you going to use pawn levers to gain space or destroy structure? Where? Are you going to shift pieces to attack on one side of the board? Can you find ideal placement for your pieces that aid in these plans?

If the center is inactive (closed or neither side wants to change it), then a plan ...[text shortened]... iples can apply to the middlegame such as: control the center, gain space, activate pieces, etc.
    system overload. *brain shuts down
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 02:041 edit
    Find your opponents weakness and attack it. Do something to develop and co-oridnate your pieces better while hindering your opponents.

Control the open files, ranks and diagonals. Make batteries with your rooks, queen and bishop along files and diagonals.
  9. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 02:23
    I would recomend that you stop playing my memorization. That's not even playing! Start from the beginning and actually work the position. Build something you can understand, and then you'll have no problems figuring out what to do in the middlegame because you built the position. You own it. It's yours.

P.S. If you ever play me, you'll find that your memory will help you naught. I'm in the habit of deliberately leaving popular book moves rather quickly in games I play. Why? Because I know players like you won't know what to do. Like deer in headlights. Squish.
  10. Seattle
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 04:54
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul

P.S. If you ever play me, you'll find that your memory will help you naught. I'm in the habit of deliberately leaving popular book moves rather quickly in games I play. Why? Because I know players like you won't know what to do. Like deer in headlights. Squish.
    Lol, good point, but if i were in my car i (a really small one) i woudld rather be the deer than the driver who will get hit by the deer coming through the front windsheild.

P.S. This means that when you play this fun lines to create the deer in a headlight effect, you often get (and I quote). Squished.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree