Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 20 Apr '07 19:09
  2. 20 Apr '07 19:29
    I play the english, so when the dutch is played I can continue with
    g3, Bg2, Nf3 0-0, d3, Nc3 and e4 which I find to be quite effective.
  3. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    20 Apr '07 20:21 / 1 edit
    Are you talking about me or the Dutch Defense?
  4. 20 Apr '07 20:25
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Are you talking about me or the Dutch Defense?
    lol, I'd play 1.e4 against you
  5. 20 Apr '07 20:26
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Are you talking about me or the Dutch Defense?
    We need a rematch, Dutch.
  6. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    20 Apr '07 20:26
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Are you talking about me or the Dutch Defense?
    I'd play the Sicilian, Philiador, or French .
  7. 20 Apr '07 20:33
    Dutch defence... 1.d4 f5

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Defence

    "Black's 1... f5 stakes a serious claim to the e4 square and looks towards an attack on White's kingside in the middlegame. However, it weakens Black's own kingside somewhat, and does nothing to contribute to Black's development."
  8. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    20 Apr '07 20:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    We need a rematch, Dutch.
    You've got it.

    EDIT: You're playing the maximum games for a non-subscriber. I guess not (for now).
  9. 21 Apr '07 00:14
    Originally posted by zebano
    I play the english, so when the dutch is played I can continue with
    g3, Bg2, Nf3 0-0, d3, Nc3 and e4 which I find to be quite effective.
    Exactly! My exact reply before I could even get to it. The Dutch brings no fear to the English player.
  10. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    21 Apr '07 00:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jovy1097
    Exactly! My exact reply before I could even get to it. The Dutch brings no fear to the English player.
    How about trying that against me? What do you say?
  11. 26 Apr '07 22:02
    As White, I like to play 1 d4 f5 2 Bg5. I usually follow up with 3 Bxf6 (if Black plays 2...Nf6, or course), surrendering the oft-praised bishop pair, but messing up Black's pawns.
  12. 26 Apr '07 22:13
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    As White, I like to play 1 d4 f5 2 Bg5. I usually follow up with 3 Bxf6 (if Black plays 2...Nf6, or course), surrendering the oft-praised bishop pair, but messing up Black's pawns.
    I always play Dutch. From my point of view ...Nf6 (after Bg5) is a bad move. My respond is
    2.Bg5 ...d6
    3. ...Nd7
    4. ...Ngf6
  13. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    26 Apr '07 23:38
    Originally posted by elady
    I always play Dutch. From my point of view ...Nf6 (after Bg5) is a bad move. My respond is
    2.Bg5 ...d6
    3. ...Nd7
    4. ...Ngf6
    2. ... g6 is also possible, as in this game: Game 2953488
  14. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    26 Apr '07 23:58 / 2 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Two fine examples of how not to play the Dutch Defense.
  15. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    26 Apr '07 23:59 / 2 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Two fine examples of how not to play the Dutch Defense.