1. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 21:30
    I was wondering, when will the ECF gradings in chess go up. Last year, they were updated as soon as new year passed by. It is now 13th of January, yet still there is nothing happening.

I've tried on google - " New ECF chess gradings" It came up with a form with a bunch of idiots talking.

I hope this forum isn't the same.

Chandradi

P.S- ECF stands for the England Chess Federation, and is the English grading database home = http://www.englishchess.org.uk/
  2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 22:24
    clearly you don't read the forums much if you are unsure about idiots.
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 22:37
    Originally posted by Chandradi
    I was wondering, when will the ECF gradings in chess go up. Last year, they were updated as soon as new year passed by. It is now 13th of January, yet still there is nothing happening.

I've tried on google - " New ECF chess gradings" It came up with a form with a bunch of idiots talking.

I hope this forum isn't the same.

Chandradi

P.S- ECF sta ...[text shortened]... Chess Federation, and is the English grading database home = http://www.englishchess.org.uk/
    It's only the rapid-play gradings that are updated in January although they are supposed to be moving over to a twice yearly system for standard grades as well. There is nothing on the ECF forum or website that I can see that sets a precise date for the update.
  4. An airport near you
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 15:54
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    It's only the rapid-play gradings that are updated in January although they are supposed to be moving over to a twice yearly system for standard grades as well. There is nothing on the ECF forum or website that I can see that sets a precise date for the update.
    The standard gradings come out around the British Championships each year - so mid-July.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '10
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 17:06
    Won't make a lot of difference to me, I've gone up about 5 points according to Chess Nuts, and as I've played so many games this season win loose or draw it hardly shifts - won a tourney 5/5 recently and it gave me a whopping 3 point increase 😛
  6. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '11 20:26
    Thanks all for your time everyone.

Just to let you know, the ECF grades have come out

Chandradi

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree