1. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:15
    Where do you see yourself in the chess world ten years from now?

I see myself at master level and also in the top 20 here on RHP.

Although some people may laugh because i think that, I also know at the rate that im going it will be possible. I learned chess in December, i played for about 1 1/2 months and then didnt play again until mid-July and I concider myself fairly good for that short amount of time so i think i can achieve it because im studying very very hard. What about you?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:191 edit
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    Where do you see yourself in the chess world ten years from now?

I see myself at master level and also in the top 20 here on RHP.

Although some people may laugh because i think that, I also know at the rate that im going it will be possible. I learned chess in December, i played for about 1 1/2 months and then didnt play again until mid-July and I c ...[text shortened]... t amount of time so i think i can achieve it because im studying very very hard. What about you?
    i see myself out of chess by then.
  3. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:33
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i see myself out of ches by then.
    why?
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:37
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    why?
    idk when im older ill have other things to do.
  5. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:41
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    idk when im older ill have other things to do.
    lol, like every other 25 yr old on this site! well, i guess it will be your choice to make
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:47
    if my interests holds, then I suppose that I could make 2000+ in ten years.

otherwise i'll just get a life!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:07
    I would sacrifice an Aztec virgin on a stone altar to achieve my goal
  9. Joined
    31 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:11
    my goal is to someday be above a 2000 rated player. i think given a few years i can get there.
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:111 edit
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    there is nothing wrong with setting high goals.... as long as you are able to prepare for NOT achieving your goals.
    Good advice. Were you prepared? 🙂
  11. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:14
    Ideally I would like to be rated 1600-1800, just enough to read and understand most of the classic chess books. Personally, I like studying chess more than playing it.
  12. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:21
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    there is nothing wrong with setting high goals.... as long as you are able to prepare for NOT achieving your goals.

what would you sacrifice in life to achieve this goal?

is this goal worth more than what you would have to lose?

there are many questions you would have to ask oneself before even beginning that type of journey.

they reckon sometimes ...[text shortened]... achieve it. i don't know, maybe you have a suitable life.

prepare first would be my advice.
    thanks for the advice and you're right, sacrifices will have to be made but im willing to make them to a certain point. honestly though, im a perfectionist and i think that's why chess is soo appealing to me, because i know that it will never happen but i still wont ever stop trying to, its just how i am. i am prepared to achieve that goal though, i understand it is a long ways away and that it isnt just going to be handed to me but i believe if i put in the time, things will work out.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:33
    Originally posted by hawaiinshortsboy
    my goal is to someday be above a 2000 rated player. i think given a few years i can get there.
    so far im more committed to drawing, whatever you comit yourself to be good at you should try to be the best, anything less is unacceptable.
  14. Footscrazy
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 06:48
    I'm hoping I'll know someone who'll have a regular game with me at the pub.
  15. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 07:08
    Originally posted by pompomtom
    I'm hoping I'll know someone who'll have a regular game with me at the pub.
    good answer. i was at half-price yesterday and this guy that ive played a couple of times was in there when i got there so i offered him a game. he said that he had just had 2 strong games and that he was takin a break so come back in 30 min. I asked the girl behind the counter who he had played and she said himself!!! lol, i bet it was hard tryin to figure out what his opponents plan was but anyway, 30 minutes later i come back and asked him and he said i should have come bout 30 minutes sooner bcuz now he was leaving. lol, what an ass!!! i played him the other day and beat him, he's uscf rated 1588.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree